Love "sarcasm" the new Verizon Share more of your $ with us plan.......

droidummie

Reaction score
jneusch said:
I have made a decision not to take the subsidized price again. I paid retail for my GS3 so that I could keep my unlimited data. The funny part is that I only use 1 - 2 gb per month, but I be damned to have VZ make me switch plans. I need to sell my 4s to cover the difference.

good luck selling your 4s!!

I'm soooo happy I sold my 4s and now I'm a DROID loyalty owner!

The grass IS greener on the other side!!

droidummie

Reaction score
Signum said:
You unlimited data sheep crack me up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I'm proud to say... I'm an unlimited data sheep!!
I prefer the name unlimited data ram! =0)

Love the Freedom of unlimited...

droidummie

Reaction score
cr6 said:
love the op cyber! :thumbup:

And don't knock the unlimited data sheep as you call us....we do what we gotta do to keep our unlimited plans and we're not ashamed of it! Cause only those of us that have them know how valuable they truly are in this day and age.
(especially being on verizons blazing fast lte network) :d
enjoy your cappage. ;)

tap'n

amen!!!

Signum

Reaction score
Love the OP cyber! :thumbup:

And don't knock the unlimited data sheep as you call us....we do what we gotta do to keep our unlimited plans and we're not ashamed of it! Cause only those of us that have them know how valuable they truly are in this day and age.
(Especially being on Verizons blazing fast LTE network) :D
Enjoy your cappage. ;)

tap'n

had it. changed away from it. saved 80/mth.

next

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Signum said:
had it. changed away from it. saved 80/mth.

next

Just because it worked for you does not mean that it works for everyone else. I save at least 100 dollers a month by not switching to their share data plan. The funny thing is is that you call use sheep but yet you are the one following what Verizon wants you to do. So who really is the sheep in this situation?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Just because it worked for you does not mean that it works for everyone else. I save at least 100 dollers a month by not switching to their share data plan. The funny thing is is that you call use sheep but yet you are the one following what Verizon wants you to do. So who really is the sheep in this situation?

Exactly! It would have cost the wife and I at least 80 bucks more a month AND we would have lost our unlimited data. Totally not worth it! I average between 15-25 meg a month, (sometimes less sometimes more) the wife averages between 5-7 a month. "Sharing is NOT caring" in this instance. :D

tap'n

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
cr6 said:
Exactly! It would have cost the wife and I at least 80 bucks more a month AND we would have lost our unlimited data. Totally not worth it! I average between 15-25 meg a month, (sometimes less sometimes more) the wife averages between 5-7 a month. "Sharing is NOT caring" in this instance. :D

tap'n
You meant to say Gigs.

Reaction score
I kept my unlimited data by adding a line. Then I had them switch my new GS3 to my unlimited line. Gave my son the rezound to use on the not unlimited line. Told him to mostly use WiFi. Works for me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

Signum

Reaction score

i could have upgraded as much as i wanted (on any of my lines) and kept my unlimited data. did it because it makes sense. i dont have to try to "beat the system"

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I think that's where a lot of our opinions differ with yours. The majority of us don't see it as trying to "beat the system", but merely trying to "keep" what is rightfully ours. We're already paying out the keister for our service, there's no way you can honestly tell me that Verizon is doing this (New price plans) "for the customer". They changed the plans to put more money in THEIR pocket. (Partly due to the recent FCC ruling regarding tethering....that's millions of dollars lost....they had to recoup it somehow)
Just my 2 cents...

tap'n

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Signum said:
i could have upgraded as much as i wanted (on any of my lines) and kept my unlimited data. did it because it makes sense. i dont have to try to "beat the system"

How are we trying to beat the system when it is something that Verizon told us that we could do? And the reason it made sense to you to switch your plan is because you saved money so why is it not alright for me to save money. Once again just because it worked for you does not mean that it works for everyone else. Just because you switched does not make us wrong for not switching. You are not the one that gets to make the rules that we have to follow for Verizon so stop acting like you know what you are talking about.

liteon163

Reaction score
Verizon isn't the only source of phones that work on their network. Try Craigslist. Sure, the phone will be used and probably not the latest and greatest. But it also shouldn't be costing $600 to keep your unlimited data.

Sent from my Blue 32 Verizon SGSIII using Tapatalk 2

mykl376

Reaction score
I can see how some folks would save some $ with the new plans, but I'm definitely not one of them. I don't consider myself a "power" user at all, averaging 5ish gigs a month. I have one line with Verizon. Who am I going to "Share Everything" with, if I were to switch to one of their share plans? My bill would go up a lot, since I would need a little extra data tacked on.

I don't think it's even the loss of unlimited data that has many people upset. It's the exponential price increase for a paltry amount of data. $10 per gig would be much easier to swallow. That means if I only use 2 gigs in a month, I would only pay $20 though, and Verizon wants more money up front, even if you don't use the data.

Snoking

Reaction score
For several years they have been setting the hooks, now they are beginning to reel the fish in!

jneusch

Reaction score
Switching to the new plan would cost me $50 per month. Yes I spent extra by paying full price for my phone, but selling my old one negates the majority of the cost. I also have the added benefit of not being under a longer contract.