Lotus notes

xdiord

Reaction score
Droidx capable of accessing alotus notes email account?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

horsenbuggy

Reaction score
I'm running Traveler. It drains your battery life big time. I guess that may be a function of how often you pull from the server, but what's the point in not pulling frequently?

Also, it could vary by server version (which I think we're behind on), but I find the calendar feature to be barely passable. I can view my schedule, but not change it. I can accept meeting requests, but not alter them. I can't cancel a meeting that is already on my schedule. I can't see any attachments to calendar items. It's really annoying. Especially after years of working with Exchange on a Blackberry.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using DroidForums App

poots

Reaction score
Not sure if this helps....I have Lotus Notes @ work, however, I don't care about my emails. I did have a need to make sure my calendar entries would populate...i found a good app called LNGoogleCalSync that would basically sync my LN calendar with a google calendar under my google account.

Pro: Very simple to set up, and it's FREE.
Con: Manual syncing is needed - changes to your LN calendar do NOT auto-update on your google calendar. It's kind of a pain, but I can't get my hopes up for a free application.

Last edited:

Goldwinger

Reaction score
Droidx capable of accessing alotus notes email account?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

We use Lotus Notes at work and I don't have access to the servers, so I needed a non-server solution to get my Notes email, calendar, task and contacts onto my DX. I took a two prong approach.

For email I use Wireless Mail from Martin Scott Martin Scott Consulting | WirelessMail Overview
It's not free but does have a 30 day trial. After the trial I bought it because it was the best solution for me. Install it and set it up and then forget it. Your workstation doesn't have to be on to get your emails and it's done over the air.

For calendar, contacts and task I use Awesync: AweSync | Synchronizes your Google Calendar, Contacts and Tasks with Lotus Notes
It has a 30 day trial also but you do have to have your workstation up and running to get your contacts, calendar and task. That doesn't bother me because when my workstation is up and running is when I'm adding stuff to my calendar, contacts and task. It also does it over the air.

These two have made my DX a corporate phone that everyone is envy of. The only hitch is that you will be sending your emails to your google email and there are some things you'll want to do to make it look like your responses are coming from your work email. However, you don't need help from your IT department and all of this can be done from your laptop.

Hope this helps.

poots

Reaction score
For email I use Wireless Mail from Martin Scott Martin Scott Consulting | WirelessMail Overview
It's not free but does have a 30 day trial. After the trial I bought it because it was the best solution for me. Install it and set it up and then forget it. Your workstation doesn't have to be on to get your emails and it's done over the air.

For calendar, contacts and task I use Awesync: AweSync | Synchronizes your Google Calendar, Contacts and Tasks with Lotus Notes
It has a 30 day trial also but you do have to have your workstation up and running to get your contacts, calendar and task. That doesn't bother me because when my workstation is up and running is when I'm adding stuff to my calendar, contacts and task. It also does it over the air.

Hope this helps.

Nice info, i knew about Awesync, but didn't know about the mail sync app. cool stuff.

opcc01

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to forward my lotus notes email to gmail.....