Lost Email App and Icon

Greeny

Reaction score
Running JB 4.1.2 and I ended up with 20+ email messages stuck in my outbox. I was advised on another forum (which shall go un-named) that I should clear the cache and if that should fail clear your data. The cache failed to clear them, and clearing the data did the trick. Wiped out everything including the email icon. Tried everything to get it back with out factory reset. I went to system settings and + Add account, Normally the email icon would be in here to add it in, but nothing there. This was the stock email app being that I forgot to mention.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Wiping data should have have deleted the app. Go to your app drawer it should be in there under "email."

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
G

Greeny

Reaction score
Wiping data should have have deleted the app. Go to your app drawer it should be in there under "email."

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

GoCliff, you are da man!! I have been posting on every forum except the JC Penney Catalog one and not one person could give me the help you just did. So simple and quick. No rooting my phone, downloading a ROM, or something else beyond my level. So many thanks.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Glad you got it taken care of. :)