Lost Data Network

geli7

Reaction score
For several days now I have full bars but no data service. No 4g, no 3g...nothing. I can call and text, nothing else. Started out of nowhere. Im rooted on liquid gingerbread 3.2. Anyone know what's going on and how I can fix this?

critter592

Reaction score
Almost same here. Mine is not rooted. But I'm on my second TB because of sudden loss of data. No nothing. They couldn't explain it I just got a new phone. Pain in the posterior. Sorry it's not much of an answer. Oh but to add...my replacement (refurbished) TB just did the same thing. Looks like I'm in for a fight with Verizon.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I assume you've tried rebooting? I've this issue a few times, I thought it was network related as it fixed itself when I drove further away.

critter592

Reaction score
I assume you've tried rebooting? I've this issue a few times, I thought it was network related as it fixed itself when I drove further away.

Reboot.
Airplane mode on/off/on/offPower off and remove/replace sim cardBack to default on network name.

Nothing. Same thing happened back in July and they replaced the phone. Can make calls. Text. Use wi-fi. But no 4G, 3G, 1x. Nothing. I'm a pilot so I move areas a lot.

critter592

Reaction score
Goofy thing is I can tap on MyVerizon widget and login. 4GLTE pops up and my data, text, minutes usage updates! So hell if I know what's causing it. I don't think they like me. I have unlimited data but never go over 4Gb.

Kittysback

Reaction score
Mine has been acting weird. I lose 4G connection and I will have no connection for a few seconds then it will come back. Pain in the butt when I am trying to load a page.

jeepxj96

Reaction score
Mine has been acting weird. I lose 4G connection and I will have no connection for a few seconds then it will come back. Pain in the butt when I am trying to load a page.

I'm having the same exact problem as you. i'm not rooted and it just randomly started doing it. i would like to root asap, i miss it after my rooted droid x died. i'm not sure if rooting would help out.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I've been having the problem more frequently, but I just accept it as the phone was the first 4G phone for Verizon.

dblbull

Reaction score
I've had the same problem as this for the last 6-8 months. Very frustrating to deal with. I used to have 4G and 4 bars inside my house, for 6-8 months now, I've been lucky if I get 1-2 bars at best & 3G or 1X s it cuts in and out of being connected. I get by, by removing the battery for at least 2 minutes. I'm looking to get the new Droid Razor Maxx HD in December.

Kittysback

Reaction score
Im still having this issue. I called Verizon and the tech promised to call me back that evening to troubleshoot.... That was Thurs and I still haven't heard back. I never had an issue til maybe a month ago. Weird how it just started happening.

Kittysback

Reaction score
My phone has been stuck on 3G the past 2 days and its been working better than 4G.... Seems faster and I am not losing the data connection.