Lost bootstrap

joncann

Reaction score
I've got an R2D2 so I kept all the original stuff on my SD card - mostly because and R2D2 sbf doesn't really exist. Anyways I can't find my original bootstrap recovery to return to stock. Did I erase/replace it where can I find it?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Should be tied to your Gmail. Look in the market.

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
joncann

joncann

Reaction score
I still have the app just can't seem to find the recovery file.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even when you boot into recovery and go to backup/restore you dont see the backup file in the list? Also if you have an app liike ASTRO fil manager you can look through your files and click on a folder named "clockworkmod" and then once you open that folder click on the "backup" folder and you should see all backups listed there.

OP
joncann

joncann

Reaction score
No. Can't find it. Even if I hit backup in bootstrap I can't figure out where it saves it to. I've got a bckup that I made in rom manager but it was long after I rooted. right before I flashed my first theme. Sucks cuz it means I saved all the r2d2 stuff for nothing. Well I guess I'll just have to call it a loss

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well have you tried a file manager and looking in the clockwork folder? or can you even boot into recovery?

OP
joncann

joncann

Reaction score
I can boot into recovery and there's a backup but not one from bootstrap. Any search I do for boot strap doesn't give me any zip files. I must have erased it or never even made one. I've tried making other backups with bootstrap and it's still not showing up. Guess the lesson is to use rom manager instead of bootstrap.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It won't be a zip file. Your searches aren't yielding results because "Bootstrap" isn't supposed to be there. Bootstrapper is nothing more than an app that flashes Clockworkmod Recovery to your phone and reboots you into it. The folder you need to look for on the root of your sd card ("/sd") is "clockworkmod". Your backups are kept there. "Bootstrap Recovery" is a verb, not a noun...even though it IS misleading.
ROM Mangler is def not better than Bootstrap, it has wayyy too many issues to be relied on :)

I can boot into recovery and there's a backup but not one from bootstrap. Any search I do for boot strap doesn't give me any zip files. I must have erased it or never even made one. I've tried making other backups with bootstrap and it's still not showing up. Guess the lesson is to use rom manager instead of bootstrap.

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
joncann

joncann

Reaction score
So if it's not a zip file how do I use the redovery. I have a file that I moved to the root of my sd card that is clockworkmod and has the correct date. But how do I use it?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
When you go through Backup in CW, you'll see it there.

So if it's not a zip file how do I use the redovery. I have a file that I moved to the root of my sd card that is clockworkmod and has the correct date. But how do I use it?

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
joncann

joncann

Reaction score
I must not have done my first backup right. I thought all you had to do was hit that button.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Which button? Try looking in Backup/Restore > Advanced Restore and see if its there. Should be dates.

I must not have done my first backup right. I thought all you had to do was hit that button.

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
joncann

joncann

Reaction score
Which button? Try looking in Backup/Restore > Advanced Restore and see if its there. Should be dates.

DroidForums Junkie!!

There's the bootstrap recovery button and the reboot recovery. I thought all you had to do was hit the bootstrap button.

It's not in any of those places. The only backup I can find is one I made with ROM Manager. Other then that I think I'm SOL.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well if you have CWM installed on your phone you should be able to hit reboot recovery in droid bootstrapper and after you hit that go to backup/restore and backup your rom through bootstrap. ROM manager is simple and all you do is flash CWM recovery in rom manger and then once CWM is installed you can go to backup current rom and backup everything that way. Also titainium backup will back up your data.