loss of 4g

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Anyone losin alot of service today like i am?

You're running a razr right?? Try rebooting it...

Just curious cause you're posting questions in the bionic forum ;) while similar.. they're slightly different :)

jaye712

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
You're running a razr right?? Try rebooting it...

Just curious cause you're posting questions in the bionic forum ;) while similar.. they're slightly different :)

Oh snap. I didnt realize.opps lol

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No biggy :)

sweetchuck08

Reaction score
I have a Bionic that i just put ICS on. 4G was killing my battery so i used *#*#4346#*#* to put it in CDMA auto. Now it won't let me revert back to LTE/cdma/evdo. I choose that setting and it automatically changes it back to CDMD auto. I haven't seen 4G since i did this. Please help! My wifes phone gets 4g service, so i know the service isn't down.

ppipowerclass

Reaction score
Mine has been out for about a month now. Verizon claims it's because I haven't updated the phone in forever. Who knows.

filthyepic

Reaction score
Mine has been out for about a month now. Verizon claims it's because I haven't updated the phone in forever. Who knows.

That sucks. I guess i need to re flash to stock and try again.

I used that same method for switching between 3g and 4g.
The i installed LTE On/Off and a couple days after that anytime
I would switch to a network with any combination of LTE my radio just
Looses all data.

JDecker91

Reaction score
My brother has Razr and I will be standing right next to him and we both have full 4g signal. My 4g icon turns white and I am unable to get any type of data connection. It does this randomly but only seems like it does it when I really need to have a data connection. My system version is 5.9.905.XT875.Verizon.en.US

ppipowerclass

Reaction score
I have since updated last night from my ancient software ( 5.5.886 ) to the most recent ( 5.9.905 ). I bricked my phone messing with it. Twice. I wasn't REALLY in any decent 4g today, but I will be at work and leave the 4g on tomorrow. The battery seems to be working better though since the update.

angi

Reaction score
A month ago my area was upgraded to 4G. Whenever I'm on 4G, connectivity is off and on. I switch back to CDMA only (3G) and I have no problems. I've spoke with VZW tech support several times and they have no answers other than keep trying. So what's the use of having a 4G phone that can't connect at 4G?

Dolly

Reaction score
I've always been in a 4g area but can't use it either. Constant data drops. I have to leave my phone on 3g all the time.

Laurence5905

Reaction score
My brother has Razr and I will be standing right next to him and we both have full 4g signal. My 4g icon turns white and I am unable to get any type of data connection. It does this randomly but only seems like it does it when I really need to have a data connection. My system version is 5.9.905.XT875.Verizon.en.US

I have the exact same problem -- 4G is working fine on my Bionic, then *poof* it just turns white and disconnects for no reason... Other people with Verizon 4G phones that AREN'T the Bionic can stand in my living room and get a great 4G signal.

The 5.9.905 software killed 4G for me -- the previous version 5.9.904 was far better. Almost what I would call reliable, even...

Is anyone from Motorola watching this forum? I really hope y'all are working on another update that will fix the problem that seems to have been caused by 5.9.905. Or give us a way to go back to 5.9.904... I'm extremely dissatisfied with the 4G performance of this phone -- the whole point of having a smartphone is that it has a DATA CONNECTION. It's quite useless when that data connection doesn't work.

I hope Motorola gets this fixed -- it's been like this for a couple of months now. My next phone might just wind up being a Samsung or an HTC. I've had car-phones/cell-phones since 1994 and every last one of them (except for a very short period when I tried a p.o.s. Nokia) has been a Motorola phone. They've always done well for me, until now...

Last edited:

sandman44

Reaction score
I have had this exact same data connectivity drop problem for quite a few months now and have been on version 5.5.883. I just updated to 5.9xxx today and so far, so good...