loss of 4g

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by TOMMYBOT, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Dolly

Dolly Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I've always been in a 4g area but can't use it either. Constant data drops. I have to leave my phone on 3g all the time.

2. Laurence5905

Laurence5905 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the exact same problem -- 4G is working fine on my Bionic, then *poof* it just turns white and disconnects for no reason... Other people with Verizon 4G phones that AREN'T the Bionic can stand in my living room and get a great 4G signal.

The 5.9.905 software killed 4G for me -- the previous version 5.9.904 was far better. Almost what I would call reliable, even...

Is anyone from Motorola watching this forum? I really hope y'all are working on another update that will fix the problem that seems to have been caused by 5.9.905. Or give us a way to go back to 5.9.904... I'm extremely dissatisfied with the 4G performance of this phone -- the whole point of having a smartphone is that it has a DATA CONNECTION. It's quite useless when that data connection doesn't work.

I hope Motorola gets this fixed -- it's been like this for a couple of months now. My next phone might just wind up being a Samsung or an HTC. I've had car-phones/cell-phones since 1994 and every last one of them (except for a very short period when I tried a p.o.s. Nokia) has been a Motorola phone. They've always done well for me, until now...

#26 Laurence5905, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  3. sandman44

sandman44 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had this exact same data connectivity drop problem for quite a few months now and have been on version 5.5.883. I just updated to 5.9xxx today and so far, so good...

Search tags for this page

droid 4 no 4g signal