1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Losing 3G internet connection with apps

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by NiteOwl, Oct 18, 2011.

1. NiteOwl

NiteOwl New Member

I use my Droid for almost everything. But I've noticed that when I open some of my apps they won't work because they need a network connection. The 3G icon flicks in and out. This is a real problem when I'm using the GPS. It also acts up with QR Readers, Keyring apps. I've tried downloading a different version of that app I wanted but still doesn't work. I've also took in to consideration it's where I'm at but that doesn't seem to make a difference. I've tried a number of things and I'm completely stumped, what should I do to have my 3G connection stay? If any one could help me out that'd be great! Thanks in advance!
  2. Fr33dom

Fr33dom New Member

If you look at Settings, About Phone, and scroll to the bottom to see PRL Version, it should be at least 52522. If its lower dial *226 and choose option 2 to update your roaming. If it is at or above that number, take it to a Verizon store and get them to look it over.

Some other things you can do short of taking it to the store:

Search tags for this page
android 3g always lose connection
android whenever i use a app i loose my 3g
android won't connect to 3g
facebook app losing connection

motorola droid 3 losing internet

what apps could cause me to lose my data connection
what would cause my droid 3 to loose internet
when i open an app i lose internet connection