Loosing apps

Q2theMighty

Reaction score
Anyone know why my Bionic looses apps at random? When I power it on. 2 or more apps don't load. And when I press the icon, it says app doesn't exist.
And it's not the same apps when it does this, which is like everyday.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

rza49311

Reaction score
"Losing"?.....Go to manage apps and "move to phone". Bug i believe. My droidforums app was doing it also until i moved it.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Yup, gotta be careful cause some apps auto move to the SD card.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Not really a bug, but an odd feature. Put no apps in the media partition of your internal storage, only in the phone of or the actual SD card.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited:

916A2

Reaction score
Anyone know why my Bionic looses apps at random? When I power it on. 2 or more apps don't load. And when I press the icon, it says app doesn't exist.
And it's not the same apps when it does this, which is like everyday.

Same thing happens to my Atrix 2, which is almost identical internally to the Bionic. It seems this problem happens when apps are on the sdcard. Not sure why but as a workaround we are keeping apps on the internal storage instead.

nateohio

Reaction score
Most of the phones I've had did this at one time or another. Go to the media area and select the app, select move to phone and you should be good to go.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
How do you get the app on the actual SD card. I swear if you follow the directions you end up putting the app back in the damn media area of the internal flash memory. What's the trick?

916A2

Reaction score
How do you get the app on the actual SD card. I swear if you follow the directions you end up putting the app back in the damn media area of the internal flash memory. What's the trick?

You gotta go to manage apps, find the app and tap on it, it should give you the option to move it.

morningglory

Reaction score
well this is the picture so far, The media area IS being called an SD card and that is wear all apps move to with apps like move to SD, It Does not move them to your External SD CARD, as noted when viewing the two drives On "my computer" this internal drive has lots of room, (the media area) it should not be called an SD card... it should be called internal memory (not Phone memory) Why is the phone memory so small? (for apps that cant be moved) and the internal solid state drive so large?
anyway aps allowed to move here are losing communication with phone memory and not loading or they need to be REPEATEDLY INSTALLED, even though they still exist..
it was suggested that we reformat the external SD but the programs are on the internal SD. It was suggested that we did not properly unmount usb, or card, but I am very careful to always do that...and the disappearing apps moved to the internal memory have lost their way... The Apps are disappearing and leaving a blank Icon saying app not installed..

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
The media partition will hold some apps but it more properly holds media, and music, e-books, audio books, and stuff like podcasts.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

morningglory

Reaction score
Yay!, I woke up this morning and moved every thing back to "phone memory" And it has plenty of room. Apps surely work better there then in SD 1 (Media area), or SD 2 (external SD) I think the thing to do is not panic when you get a not enough memory MSG, while installing apps. Clear all catches and install again.. This is just a case of the RAM being over taxed, installing to much at one time.. I am very happy that all my programs moved back to Phone memory and I still have 1718MB of app storage available!

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
You gotta go to manage apps, find the app and tap on it, it should give you the option to move it.

Adding one more step.....Select "Media Area" and touch any app with a check-mark.

I downloaded Tetris this morning (part of the 10 apps for 10 cents for 10 days promotion) and it put part of the game there without me asking it to. I moved it to the phone.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Why is the phone memory so small? (for apps that cant be moved)

So small? 4GB of internal memory is reserved for app storage. It's not available for any other use, so if you don't use it for app storage it's just wasted space. Good luck trying to fill it up!

"Move to SD" is just a bad habit, taught to us because we used to have phones with tiny internal storage. Welcome to the future.

Last edited:

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
im new to this phone. can someone please explain the differnce in the memory sections on this phone and where should my apps be installed. is the media area for music?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
im new to this phone. can someone please explain the differnce in the memory sections on this phone and where should my apps be installed. is the media area for music?

According to my Elixer app, there are 3 storage areas. The first two are in the partitioned non-removable 16gb sd card. Actually you only have access to 12gb (about 4gb is for the OS and stuff); 4gb in the applications area (where the apps install by default) and 8gb in the Media area. The former holds your apps, while the latter holds photos, movies, music, etc. That Media area will also hold apps that can be moved, HOWEVER there is a problem at the moment and apps that get moved there tend to get lost. Go to Menu>Manage Apps>Media area. Any apps that are check marked, press on them and move them back to the phone to prevent that from happening.

The final 16gb is your removable SD card and is referred to as SD-EXT. Put whatever you want there.

On a PC, (make sure you have USB Debugging checked on your phone) connect your phone with the supplied cable and use USB Mass Storage. There you should see 2 removable drives. One is MOT (internal) and Removable Disk (external). Be sure to eject both before disconnecting.

Last edited: