Loose shell around the USB jack

Jaylor

Reaction score
I've had my Droid of little over a week now and noticed last night that the shell is loose and squishy around the USB jack.

Its totally obvious when I'm typing on the hard keyboard and is driving me crazy because I generally hit the shell when I use the space key and I feel the shell move!!. If you actually press on the rim of the shell above the USB jack; you can totally see the shell move!

Is anyone else having this issue?

walrusmonger

Reaction score
Yup, it annoys the hell out of me- I made a post about this issue. I went to the store to exchange it, but their stock all had the same issue. I drove to another location and the one they had did the same thing too.

My first Droid didn't have the problem, so I'm not sure what the deal is. My current Droid with the issue also developed it over 3 weeks- so I'm not sure why the new ones I saw had it from the start.

Anyway, I sent Motorola an email and they said I could go to an authorized repair shop, or I could send them the phone and they would take a look at it (but I'd be w/o it for about a week).

I'm just going to wait and see if it gets worse, if it does I'll probably file an insurance claim since I can't be without a phone for a week.

OP
J

Jaylor

Reaction score
Ack! I so didn't want to hear that all of the stores stock has this issue! I'm planning on going to Bestbuy and exchange my phone tomorrow.

What was your post about it?

Having to do an insurance claim for something like this is lame more so if you have to pay any $$ outa pocket for a new phone.

I got the Best Buy black tie support so I shouldn't have to pay anything for a new phone in the future but ugh! I just want it fixed now.

Heck, the sales rep at Best buy felt it today and said it felt like a grandma's knee!

*emails Motorola*