LOOKOUT SECURITY APP ......> Cant uninstall ?

BOBD1950

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC M8
After a couple of weeks..This APP just is terrible and quite intrusive. Seems to just collect DATA and can be installed only to the internal memory, then becomes a Device ADMIN. by default. (!)
IMO..Made for users who play around with market fire, like messing w/questionable unauthorized, third-party any-language apps. Will not play nicely with this device. And non-removable by the traditional method.

So b4 one reformats and does a clean boot..Here is how...>

https://support.mylookout.com/entries/20879562-why-can-t-i-uninstall-lookout

https://www.mylookout.com/

And..YES..the device does now, seem to be rendering and booting quicker.

Bob.

sweaner

Reaction score
What issues did you have with it? I have it on my phone and have not noted any major problems...yet!

Str8Tlkr

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC Vivid
For all those looking to solve the mystery of where the heck Device Admin settings are on phones like HTC Vivid like I have been doing: I was looking to deactivate Lookout. My exhaustive search has informed me to look in Settings then Location and Security…which is nonexistent. Then I finally had a ‘duh moment’. Go to the app itself and deactivate device admin! Then the ‘uninstall’ option is granted/lit up in your Settings–Apps. Frustration induced self harm/binge drinking averted.

Keda Dyes Inc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy
Hi Everyone,

First post, so I hope this isnt too bad and it helps someone else out. I am very happy to finally be able to contribute back to a forum that has helped me several times. Okay, below are the steps To uninstall lookout app on Galaxy S5

1) open lookout app

A) Go into the three line option located on top right of the screen

B) Uncheck device administrator in this list

3)Close lookout app

4) Uninstall app by dragging all Lookout icons to top trash can icon located at the top of the phone screen

Hope that helps someone else out :)

Wishing you all the best,

Keda Dyes Inc