looking to buy a gs3 and looking for info on rooting

jcrim96

Reaction score
I'm going to purchase a galaxy s 3im looking to root it but can someone explain to me why it would be worth rooting my phone?

donelam304

Reaction score
i too am interested in finding out some info on rooting the SGS3. can it be done??? also, can the SGnote 2 be rooted as well. i done tethering on a moto bionic that was rooted. so yes i dont it the hidden way. can i get away with the same apps on a SGS3 or a SG note 2??? not being able to root a phone is a def deal killer for me...

encoardimyd

Reaction score
Well, one of the reasons of rooting your Android smartphone is that some apps require this function to access the phone's features. SMS Backup is the first one that comes to my mind. To be honest, it's actually the first thing that I do whenever I buy a new droid. I don't even change the wall LOL.

And yes, you can root the S3 without any problem. It's not the same as jailbreaking an iPhone. I used this tutorial but there are loads on the net if you don't fancy it. :) Use CF Root For Galaxy S3 GT-i9300

donelam304

Reaction score
i had an OG droid and then a droid X for a very short time and then my bionic since it came out. and yes, i rooted them all as soon as i got them. lol. i wouldn't get a phone if i couldn't root it. does anyone have a link for info on the SGS 4 by chance. i'm wondering if it may be in my interest to wait for it to come out.