Looking for app suggestions

enyalius

Reaction score
Hey, all!

I was just accepted into the Android App Inventor service, and am looking for ideas for apps that people will actually use (novel concept, huh?). Any suggestions?

My first attempt was going to be a simple widget (I think you can "invent" widgets in AAI) that will display signal strengths and allow for some customization. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

**No fart or other such apps, please! I want to make stuff to make others' lives easier and more fun.**

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm really trying to be helpful here, and I don't like it when people say use the search but this is another question that comes up frequently and we have probably hundreds of threads on this. So what I've done is consolidated a list of threads that have asked this question.

Top apps Droid Forums - Google Search

You should find tons of information in these threads.

OP
E

enyalius

Reaction score
I'm really trying to be helpful here, and I don't like it when people say use the search but this is another question that comes up frequently and we have probably hundreds of threads on this. So what I've done is consolidated a list of threads that have asked this question.

Top apps Droid Forums - Google Search

You should find tons of information in these threads.

hook, thanks for the reply. I think you misunderstood my question, though. I'm not looking for apps to install, I'm looking for suggestions on what apps to write.

dashtwo

Reaction score
I am looking for an app that opperates just like "carrr matey" but does not require a data connection. basically you "drop anchor" (mark your gps location) then you can find that loacation later with a compass on the screen that will point to it and tell the distance. This would be great for me at amusement parks not only for remembering were i parked but also when you are in groups you can split up and meet back at the exact location. the app Carrr Matey does this really well but you need a data connection to mark your spot and I dont think this is necessary because you should be able to do all of this with gps coordinates. I dont need a map or street view or anything like that. The useful part is the compass arrow that leads you to the spot with the distance displayed under it. Hopefully I described this clear enough, just check out carrr matey and you will see what I mean.

an addition to this would be the ability to text your "spot" to someone and then their compass would lead them to you. (but one step at a time). There are many times I would use this at block parties, amusement parks, fireworks shows, air shows, meeting a group at outdoor concerts and stuff like that.