Looking for an App to switch to WiFi when I get homehome

tekjock

Reaction score
I am looking for an App that will switch from Mobile Data to Wifi when it detects a pre-configured wifi.

So I can save my Mobile Data.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you leave wifi on while you are out and about it should reassociate with the network when it becomes available. The only problem is that it will continue to search for wifi while you are about. You could use tasker to turn wifi on when you are within a certain amount of feet from home but then it would be constantly checking your location so its easier just to leave wifi on.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

OP
T

tekjock

Reaction score
but wouldn't leaving the Wifi on and constantly scanning be a drain on the battery?

I would rather just manually switch it and save battery.

JustisLewis

Reaction score
but wouldn't leaving the Wifi on and constantly scanning be a drain on the battery?

I would rather just manually switch it and save battery.

That's about your only option. You either leave gps on and use a location based app to turn it on and off, leave wifi on, or do it manually.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I keep Wifi on, but turn off the notifications for when it finds new networks within range. Never had any issues with Wifi using up any measurable amount of battery life.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I keep my wifi on all the time and never have any problems. Honestly that's the easiest way to go about this.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

xxturbowesxx

Reaction score
Learn to use tasker but you could set up a location based command and it will execute it when you get there.

Set location to your home and turn wifi on...etc.

wlemammoth

Reaction score
I second Y5. It works great and you will notice a difference in battery life compared to just leaving it on.

OP
T

tekjock

Reaction score
Its been 20 days since my last post and Y5 WORKS GREAT.