Looking for an App to control Droid from PC.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I am looking for an app to control my Droid from my PC. I was using an app called True Connect for my WinMo Smartphone. Worked great. Does anyone know of a similar software for the Droid. Thanks in advance.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Something like this? This is software but I'm not really sure if this is what you are looking for.

Droid Explorer

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think he means like Remote Desktop for Windows or a VPN where he could use his computer to login to his phone and do stuff to it. I was thinking about this very same scenario the other day.

Like for if I accidentally left my phone at work over the weekend but there was stuff I needed off of it.

mschamberger

Reaction score
I think he means like Remote Desktop for Windows or a VPN where he could use his computer to login to his phone and do stuff to it. I was thinking about this very same scenario the other day.

Like for if I accidentally left my phone at work over the weekend but there was stuff I needed off of it.

Not really. He's talking about a Droid version of MyMobiler (awesome WM app). You get the screen of the phone on your PC, usually works with USB/Blue Tooth tether.

jstrick5

Reaction score
I am looking for an app to control my Droid from my PC. I was using an app called True Connect for my WinMo Smartphone. Worked great. Does anyone know of a similar software for the Droid. Thanks in advance.

Try "Droid VNC server" from the market. Never tried it but stumbled across it the other day.

motodroid34

Reaction score
There is so many out there you can use.

But the one you want is called PHONE PORTAL. Oh yea you will love it.
and here is some more DONT REALLY LIKE THEM. But you can try them.
PAW SERVER-FREE
REMOTE FILE-NOT FREE
SWIFTP-FREE
TWONKY SERVER- I think this one you has to pay like monthly fee.. IS A BEAST but MONTHLY FEE dont think so....

Try that phone portal is the best one to me. After twonky server but phone portal is free and close enough to twonky server.

motodroid34

Reaction score

Huuu...... Dont think there is something like that...

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Check out PicMe on the market. It too is very choppy but its kinda cool. Shows your droid screen right on your PC. I would use it all the time if it were less laggy.

theblackabbot

Reaction score
I cannot find this Phone Portal in the Market any more. I would take a look at PicMe, but it is for rooted only.

Can anyone tell me what Phone Portal is called now or even if it exists any more?