Looking for a 2.5mm Headset

db83

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good 2.5mm jack headset. Mostly for use on my home phone, but also for my samsung omnia i910. I bought one from best buy by plantronics. People I talk to say that I sound better than I do without using the headset. However, when listening, the other person sounds muffled. What's the best one for sound quality both sending and receiving?

Stigy

Reaction score
Why not get a 2.5mm -> 3.5mm adapter and get a high quality 3.5mm headset?

There seems to be more of those out there than specifically 2.5mm ones.

OP
D

db83

Reaction score
because I didn't know those existed... duh..... LOL
but actually, I don't have a 3.5mm headset either. I've gone through quite a few of them while gaming. Any suggestions?

Stigy

Reaction score
Not really as I don't use a headset, sorry.

I am sure some audiophile will chime in with their opinion though.

OP
D

db83

Reaction score
actually, a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter wouldn't work for me. 3.5mm headsets have 2 plugs, one for the mic, one for the headphones. 2.5mm jacks combine them into 1. So again, 2.5mm jack headsets please. Suggestions?

baddriver

Reaction score
actually, a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter wouldn't work for me. 3.5mm headsets have 2 plugs, one for the mic, one for the headphones. 2.5mm jacks combine them into 1. So again, 2.5mm jack headsets please. Suggestions?

wtf is this non-sense? there are , 2, 3, and 4 pole headsets in both 2.5 and 3.5mm.

2 pole = mono (+, ground)
3 pole = stereo (L+, R+, common ground)
4 pole = stereo/mic (L+, R+, Mic+, common ground)

educate yourself: TRS connector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I use these: http://cgi.ebay.com/Handsfree-Earph...wItemQQptZPDA_Accessories?hash=item2303f3090b

you could get a set like that and also an adapter like this to use it on both 3.5 and 2.5mm units: http://cgi.ebay.com/2-5-2-5mm-to-3-...AU_MobilePhoneAccessories?hash=item45ef3640ee

Last edited: