1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid 2 and Plantronics headset

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by klippety, Sep 25, 2010.

1. klippety

klippety New Member

I recently purchased a Droid 2. I have a Plantronics over the head headset with a 2.5 mm plug. The Droid 2 has a 3.5 mm headset jack. I have been to Radio Shack and they tell me they do not have the appropriate adapter to make both the single earpiece and the microphone of the headset work.

Can anyone suggest an appropriate adapter for this type of headset. I love my Plantronics head set and don't want to give it up and buy a new one.

Thanks,

Ted
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

3. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Direct link:
    For only $1.04 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 3.5mm Stereo Plug(Male) to 2.5mm Stereo Jack(Female) adapter | Audio/Video Adapters

The only potential concern is that this is stereo on both ends. Your headset is probably mono with mic and the Droid is stereo with mic. FWIW, a Droid user posted a favorable review.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  4. telforddorr

telforddorr New Member

Did a little research on headset adapters, and posted a webpage on the results: http://droidsecrets.webs.com. Tells you what you need to do to make your own 2.5 mm headset adapter for the Droid2.
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
Search tags for this page

3.5 mm adapter mic stereo

android headphones wire diagram

does plantronics voyager 510 bluetooth headset work with dro

droid bionic headphone jack wiring

headset wiring diagram plantronics

to droidx2 to plantronics headset

wiring diagram for headset jack on droid x