Longtime BB, first time Droidie

jresnick

Reaction score
Excited, but confused. So I went from a device that literally did nothing well but email to a device that can do anything but email.

I've never seen a battery drain so fast. I guess I'll get a second and/or beef up this one. I have a lot of the settings down/off, so it's not as fun as it should be :(

I have multiple email accounts hosted at GoDaddy. I can set up one of them, no problem. When I set up my main account, it keeps giving me an authentication error. I set it up and my friend's Samsung, no issue. Had it set up on my BB, no problem. My Yahoo, Gmail, etc. are fine.

Something with GoDaddy I'm unaware of?

Good to see these forums, hopefully not long before I'm answering others!

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here.
As for the short battery life its a droid, the battery on most droid phones lasts about 15 hours with moderate usage. Blackberrys last a lot longer. Then again they don't do as much as a droid can. Also once you stop playing with the phone you will start getting better battery life. This happens to all new users. :)

I'm not sure how to solve your email issue. Don't worry someone here will stop by and help solve that issue.

Enjoy your stay.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
J

jresnick

Reaction score
Also once you stop playing with the phone you will start getting better battery life. This happens to all new users. :)

I am sure you are right. Without my email though, it's a rather pricey Angry Birds vehicle.

Thank you for the welcome!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Sorry you are having issues. I have a Droid and I use the corporate email app for my Exchange and K9 for my Gmail. Both work very well. Have you looked in the D2 sections to see if others are having similar issues or solutions?

Mike