Lock up/reboots when allowing phone to sleep

sjd50575

Reaction score
So, with my droid 2 global I have the constant reboot problem. However, if I do not allow the phone to sleep, everything is fine. Anyone else see this? Any fixes for it?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

leobg

Reaction score
I would suggest you to go thru a factory data reset. Most likely that problem will disappear once you start clean. Make sure you have backup of your data as factory data reset wipes everything, shall you decide to do it.

OP
S

sjd50575

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that I have done several resets, with no new apps, no sim, no sd card and pretty much every combination of those. With the same issue. Tried installing a battery manager and the same thing will happen even with out the phone sleeping. I would guess there is some app that is trying to fire back up every time it is killed.

Thinking about flashing new sbf, any thoughts on that? Or should I try something different? I rooted the phone, tonight and killed a bunch of stuff with the same deal. Is there anything out there that will monitor what is going on while the phone is "sleeping"?

leobg

Reaction score
aLogcat from market can collect logs. You can use Android SDK to debug too. Strange problem really. So it was doing this before you rooted/froze stuff?

OP
S

sjd50575

Reaction score
It was doing it before it was rooted. Started out like most people have been saying where it goes into reboot fits about once a day and seems to be getting worse. Thanks for the info.

leobg

Reaction score
I'd try to SBF it (2.4.29 or 2.4.330). Then immediate factory reset. If this doesn't cure it, head straight to Verizon to have it replaced.

OP
S

sjd50575

Reaction score
No luck with the above post. Downloaded gingerbread lastnight and will try that tonight to see what happens. Thanks for the help...looking like new phone is in my near future.

OP
S

sjd50575

Reaction score
Well, so far so good. Loaded android 2.3.3 and all reboots, hot phone and everything have stopped and the phone is functioning normal again.

Elanzer

Reaction score
Yep, I had the exact same issue and the leak fixed it as well.

Thousands of people have been plagued with this issue and have only managed to fix it via swapping phones, but some people had it happen to 3+ phones exchange after exchange, very abnormal for a hardware fault. Seems like it was a firmware issue all along?

Last edited:

LilGrape

Reaction score
I am on my 2nd D2G and at least 4th factory reset and I am still having the rebooting issue. Where can I find the Android 2.3.3? Verizon is sending me a Droid X, but I really don't want to switch phones because I WANT the QWERTY keyboard, that is the reason I picked the D2G.

decebal05

Reaction score
did you solve the problem??? please help me i have the same problem

did you solve the problem??? please help me i have the same problem