Lock Screen Customization??

moses4me

Reaction score
I tried this and so far, so good! Just remember that I'm new to the Droid so it doesn't take much!

Appventive

Reaction score
You may also want to check out Executive Assistant: Executive Assistant (Appventive)

In lock screen mode, it provides a secure lock screen replacement that allows you to host widgets and preview gmail, calendar events, SMS (optionally popup & reply while locked), Google Reader, Facebook and Twitter.

Lots of customization options. You can also use it as a welcome screen or as a home screen widget (many sizes to choose from).

Available as both a free, ad-supported version and a paid, ad-free version. Just search for Appventive in the Market or scan the QR code in my profile.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Steve

laurieb

Reaction score
Can you show me your screen with Executive Assistance?

I downloaded it and like it so far, it shows up at the bottom of the screen, but what do I want to do with the widgits?

Any help would be great!!

Laurieb

Appventive

Reaction score
Can you show me your screen with Executive Assistance?

I downloaded it and like it so far, it shows up at the bottom of the screen, but what do I want to do with the widgits?

Any help would be great!!

Laurieb

Hi Laurie,
Thanks! :) I'm not sure which widgets you are referring to, the Executive Assistant (EA) widgets, or the widgets you can add to the Executive Assistant lock screen?

The EA widgets can be added to your home screen, or any other app that hosts widgets (e.g., Fly Screen or MyLock). The EA widgets provide almost all of the same functionality as the EA lock screen.

You can also add widgets (e.g., weather, music, ICE, etc) to the EA lock screen so you can access them while the phone is locked (from EA, press MENU/"Add widget").

Please feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any questions.

All the best,
Steve

shugknight

Reaction score
Steve,

Great App. I'm trying the free version, and so far I'm liking it. Will probably buy it sooner or later.
Quick question though.. Is there anyway we can remove the Corporate Email from the list? Also, can we switch up the Default SMS client to handcent?

Appventive

Reaction score
Steve,

Great App. I'm trying the free version, and so far I'm liking it. Will probably buy it sooner or later.
Quick question though.. Is there anyway we can remove the Corporate Email from the list? Also, can we switch up the Default SMS client to handcent?

Thanks, and great! :) Regarding the questions, I'll PM you in a second, since I'm not sure exactly what you are asking.

Cheers,
Steve

shugknight

Reaction score
Steve,

Thanks, and great! :) Regarding the questions, I'll PM you in a second, since I'm not sure exactly what you are asking.

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks Steve.

I think I asked too soon. I found the settings where you can change the default app you'd like to use. However, I'm still curious as to how I can take out the Corporate Email tab from the lock screen?

I don't use it, so it just stays on there.

Appventive

Reaction score
Steve,

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks Steve.

I think I asked too soon. I found the settings where you can change the default app you'd like to use. However, I'm still curious as to how I can take out the Corporate Email tab from the lock screen?

I don't use it, so it just stays on there.

My PM went out just as this was posting :) By default, the Email tab will show your GMail messages (if you enter your gmail or google apps email address in Settings/Google Account). You can also optionally set it up to show other email accounts if you install the free POP/IMAP add-on (see Settings/Configure tabs/Email/Use POP or IMAP).

But, if you don't want the email preview at all, you can hide that tab (or any other) by going to Settings/Configure tabs. Just select the tab you want to hide and uncheck the "Show tab" box.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best,
Steve

shugknight

Reaction score
Thanks again. Here's a picture so it's a clearer

11.jpg

Is there anyway to remove the 2nd icon from the left? The corporate Email icon?

Appventive

Reaction score
Thanks again. Here's a picture so it's a clearer

11.jpg

Is there anyway to remove the 2nd icon from the left? The corporate Email icon?

Looks like our posts crossed again :). Yep, just go to Settings/Configure tabs/Email and uncheck the "Show email tab" box.

laurieb

Reaction score
ok, so mine goes like this then.
first box has like 5 little icons in it, then my email, then text app, then facebook. Then above this is the calender and phone, miss call. This is all at the bottom of my screen. Does this have to stay right there or is there a way to put it in the middle of the screen?

So does this sound righ then? Even with the 5 little icons first? Maybe there is something checked that shows all that?

Thanks for ny help.

Laurieb

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
You may also want to check out Executive Assistant: Executive Assistant (Appventive)

In lock screen mode, it provides a secure lock screen replacement that allows you to host widgets and preview gmail, calendar events, SMS (optionally popup & reply while locked), Google Reader, Facebook and Twitter.

Lots of customization options. You can also use it as a welcome screen or as a home screen widget (many sizes to choose from).

Available as both a free, ad-supported version and a paid, ad-free version. Just search for Appventive in the Market or scan the QR code in my profile.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Steve

When you indicate "secure lock screen replacement" is there an option to unlock via passcode thru the app and avoid the default pattern unlock of the droid?

Thanks...