Lock Screen Customization??

the_wildcard

Reaction score
Are there any applications to customize the lock screen? I.e. the clock style, etc, etc.

kpiskin

Reaction score
I asked a similar question about the lock screen last week and never got an answer either. I don't think it is possible yet. On my previous VZW phones I had my name displayed and deleted the "Verizon Wireless" tag on it.

taypotts

Reaction score
There is an app called Lock 2.0, if you pay for it then you can change the skins, backgrounds, and more. It is basically a slide to unlock that the crapPhone, but still looks cool. It doesn't cover the full screen of the Droid yet, but he said he is trying to fix that.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I recently discovered an app called Flyscreen. it adds "widgets" to your lockscreen so you don't have to unlock it to access the apps/home screen. It doesn't seem well known yet but I'm super impressed with it's idea. It's a little slow on the droid (animations are blocky) but still usable. They're working on a fix for better droid performance!!

Tim K

Reaction score
search for "screenmodewidget". Its a free widget. Has three settings.
Option 1 (sleep auto) leaves it stock with the timeout and lock slider.
Option 2 (awake stay) lets the screen timeout but when you wake it up you don't have to unlock with the slider it just goes back to the screen you left on. Only issue is the side buttons also wake it not just top. Asked dev to look into this.
Option 3 (screen stay) seems to keep the screen on period.

coondogg97

Reaction score
I recently discovered an app called Flyscreen. it adds "widgets" to your lockscreen so you don't have to unlock it to access the apps/home screen. It doesn't seem well known yet but I'm super impressed with it's idea. It's a little slow on the droid (animations are blocky) but still usable. They're working on a fix for better droid performance!!

Flyscreen is one of the best apps I have downloaded. You can use any button on the phone to wake the device up and you unlock the screen by using the menu key. You can add a number of widgets including a custom RSS feed to the lock screen. And best of all it is F R E E :icon_ banana:

chart

Flyscreen

Last edited:

coondogg97

Reaction score
With the flyscreen how do you customize it?

When your screen is locked and you are looking at FlyScreen you will see an icon of a small wrench on the bottom left. Just hit that icon and slide the Smile To Activate pop up over, then hit the wrench again for settings. There you can add/remove/customize your widgets.

AJRAS

Reaction score
how do i install this as my lock screen on my droid:motdroidhoriz::motdroidvert:

Last edited:

oMenaceTigero

Reaction score
I don't think you can do that much in the lockscreen app, you can only change the backround, location of clock, etc.
Not any specific file changing going on there.
Not sure though.

AJRAS

Reaction score
I know you can because I've seen it done and I down loaded this from some one that has but he left the forms. :'(

AJRAS

Reaction score
lockbot <---- best lock screen app

Pretty sweet but still I want to push this 1 over the current lock screen. Why u may ask? Well the answer is simple........the new 1 SUCKS!!!!!!! But that's just my oppinion