Loading data, please wait...

macminn18

Reaction score
Across the top of my Droid, I get an icon, grey square with a circle of dots (like a computer processing icon). When I pull down the notification under ongoing says Loading data, please wait...

Not sure what app it might be attached to, how do I track it down? It's been like that since I turned the phone on this morning at 8:18 am, it's now 11:25.

If I turn my phone off and back on it goes away.

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have any apps that run an icon in the notification bar? That's where I would start.

spalding12

Reaction score
Across the top of my Droid, I get an icon, grey square with a circle of dots (like a computer processing icon). When I pull down the notification under ongoing says Loading data, please wait...

Not sure what app it might be attached to, how do I track it down? It's been like that since I turned the phone on this morning at 8:18 am, it's now 11:25.

If I turn my phone off and back on it goes away.

weather bug
sometimes it does that
just open up the program so it can "find" you more easily
happens on mine, all the time

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
weather app.... maybe a battery app that shows a notification.... an anti virus app, task killer app.... just some ideas of what might have the notification bar icon.... if an app has the option to place an icon in the notification bar there is the option to 'disable' it in the apps settings.