Loading and using apps on the removeable SD card, flash questions

chibae

Reaction score
Hi all. I am leaning very strongly to getting an S4. However I have two questions that I can't seem to find the answer to.
1. Will I be able to load apps on to the removable card and run them from there?
2. Does the camera have a flash?

Thanks in advance
chibae (still on Droid X2)

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
The most recent update was designed to move (originally) selected stock apps to the SD card. Moving some other apps is possible but considering some issues people have had with moving the apps my advice is that with what little space you would recover it may not be worth the effort. If you do omve some apps be cautious. Even apps that have been moved leave some support files on internal storage.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. I believe the latest update allows apps to be stored on the SD card, but not 100% sure. I didn't accept the update.
2. Yes it does.

edit: And it looks like it does support apps to sd
http://www.droid-life.com/2013/07/10/verizons-samsung-galaxy-s4-now-receiving-ota-update/

But is that the internal or external SD card? Newer phones have phone memory and internal SD card separated and those with removable memory show as having phone, internal, external

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
But is that the internal or external SD card? Newer phones have phone memory and internal SD card separated and those with removable memory show as having phone, internal, external

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

AFAIK its to sd card.

Sent from my Galaxy s4 via Tapatalk 4

OP
C

chibae

Reaction score
Okay then I may need to rethink things. I use two apps with databases that are cramping the space in my old droid. I can move them to the INTERNAL "external" SD card but not to the remove able card. If the S4 can't do this, is there a phone out there that can?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Okay then I may need to rethink things. I use two apps with databases that are cramping the space in my old droid. I can move them to the INTERNAL "external" SD card but not to the remove able card. If the S4 can't do this, is there a phone out there that can?

Probably not, at least not without rooting. More and more apps are adding settings allowing moving/storing the data to external storage, especially some games.