Linking contacts to blue tooth in new car

DKG

Reaction score
Hi All, I just got a Mercedes c300 and I think I'm supposed to be able to link my contacts from my droid x to the blue tooth in the car. Does anyone know how to do this?? Thanks!

donballz

Reaction score
Drop down your notif bar after the phones pairs with the car. There should be something about sending data or something. There was no notification but when I looked it was there.

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
I am having trouble getting my contacts to send to my c300 as well. I don't have any notification message. I tried the send phone cards and had the car set to receive cards, but the send failed. Any thoughts?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
DKG

DKG

Reaction score
Nope! Still can't get the contacts to transfer. I can't even find a way in the car to enter them in manually . I'm not giving up though.

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
Solution!

I am not sure why it took me this long to think of this, but it did.
There is an app for everything, and droid does!

I downloaded bluetooth file transfer, hit the settings button, then more, then transfer contacts, selected all contacts, hit the star button, select all, send as one file (I didn't try sending as multiples), selected the car bluetooth.....and DONE 2 second later!

All of my contacts are now in the address book of my car!
I'm sure someone else figured this out a long time ago, but it just dawned on me that there might be a bluetooth file transfer app that would send contacts to my car (which the droid on its own could not)!

I hope this helps some poor idiot like me!

donballz

Reaction score
Thanks, but I couldn't get it to work. Says my car needs to be discoverable but there is no way to do that. Oh well, still a partial contact list for now.

OP
DKG

DKG

Reaction score
I tried to use the blue tooth file transfer app but this is the message i get:

You can't connect with target device because it lacks of the "Object Push Profile" (OBNEX OPP) Bluetooth service. Make sure that the target device is in DISCOVERABLE mode and enabled to receive files!"

I don't understand what that means. My Mercedes 300 says that phone is ready and waiting. Any other suggestions?? Thanks:)