Bluetooth Car Contact Lists not syncing

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
I sent the following email to Motorola:

My Droid X with the latest update, pairs with my Mercedes E320 Bluetooth system, and my steering wheel controls and all voice works through my system, but my contact list does not load. When will you include this feature in your updates? This is a common problem and could result in a safety lawsuit if someone is reaching for a phone to dial a number because there is no contact list.

Anyone get their contact lists to load on their car? Please give make and model. Thanks.

Eolly

Reaction score
I sent the following email to Motorola:

My Droid X with the latest update, pairs with my Mercedes E320 Bluetooth system, and my steering wheel controls and all voice works through my system, but my contact list does not load. When will you include this feature in your updates? This is a common problem and could result in a safety lawsuit if someone is reaching for a phone to dial a number because there is no contact list.

Anyone get their contact lists to load on their car? Please give make and model. Thanks.
Works fine on my Pioneer DEH-P7100.

OP
J

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
Still no luck

Tried a different method, but I get the response from my Droid X, " Object needs OBEX OPP profile". I think that is the bluetooth profile that the X needs to push the contacts to the MB phone system.

Droid X needs this from Motorola:

Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP, PBA)
Phone Book Access (PBA)[2] or Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) is a profile that allows exchange of Phone Book Objects between devices. It is likely to be used between a car kit and a mobile phone to:
  • allow the car kit to display the name of the incoming caller;
  • allow the car kit to download the phone book so the user can initiate a call from the car display.

Last edited:
OP
J

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
Bluetooth now works

Purchased a new Bluetooth Module from MB and now the car accepts the phone book and all contacts and works from the steering wheel like it is supposed to.

jj2palmer

Reaction score
droid 2 and bluetooth?

Just got a Droid 2 last week. Cannot get bluetooth to work in my car. I have done all the setting stuff and car and phone don't find each other.
Help?
Thanks! jj2palmer

mattbuds

Reaction score
Its not a problem with the X, I sell cars and just tried it on a new Lincoln MKS w sync and it downloaded the phone book perfectly... JJ what kind of car are you trying to pair your X to, I may be able to help...

donballz

Reaction score
My car gave new a code I had to enter. Did you perform this step jj?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wrossdavis

Reaction score
Phonebook Download to car

I have a highly modified 2000 Miata with an after-market Kenwood navigation system (DNX7120) that has a Bluetooth unit designated KCA-BT200.

When I first paired my Droid X it did not download the phonebook. After reading some of the earlier posts I did the following (I apologize if this seems overly simplified but I want to make sure that I am clear)

I turned on the car such that the radio came up but I did not start the engine. Not starting the engine it isn't important but I didn't want it running in a closed space for a long period of time while I worked on the phone.

At the top of the phone screen is a gray bar where you can see the 3G designator, the signal strength, the battery indicator etc. This is a drop down menu. Just flick it downward and it comes down.

If your phone is paired with the receiver and you haven't responded to it as of yet there should be a message requesting permission to download the phonebook. Just press the affirmative response and it will download. It takes a few seconds each time and seems to update each time it reconnects so the phonebook icon in the car won't immediately show that the phonebook is available. Give it a few seconds.

Somehow I managed to miss the request message the first time, but simply turned off the bluetooth in the phone and then turned it back on and the message came back.

Hope this helps because I couldn't find this information anywhere.

WRD

Last edited:

rdmartinez

Reaction score
That worked!

wrossdavis, THANK YOU for posting those instructions! They worked just as you described. I also never realized the phone was asking for permission. I've been trying, on and off, for 2 months to download my contacts to my Prius, and it never occurred to me to even look at my phone when trying to sync. The Android folks should make a notification sound play when permission is being requested, even if the screen is off.

Thanks again.

jj2palmer

Reaction score
bluetooth

That worked with mine too. I drive a 2006 BMW 530 with idrive. I had to enter the phone onto the "devices" screen and it asked for permission and a password. I entered a made up password, they synced and all is well. Thanks.

melonline

Reaction score
some contacts loaded

I got some of mine to load, I have a Toyota Venza 2010 and was unable to get contacts loaded, decided to try again and the ones that loaded were ones that I created myself but not the ones that were created from my google account. I hope this information will help.

Coltrek

Reaction score
Thank you!

At the top of the phone screen is a gray bar where you can see the 3G designator, the signal strength, the battery indicator etc. This is a drop down menu. Just flick it downward and it comes down.

If your phone is paired with the receiver and you haven't responded to it as of yet there should be a message requesting permission to download the phonebook. Just press the affirmative response and it will download. It takes a few seconds each time and seems to update each time it reconnects so the phonebook icon in the car won't immediately show that the phonebook is available. Give it a few seconds.

Somehow I managed to miss the request message the first time, but simply turned off the bluetooth in the phone and then turned it back on and the message came back.

WRD[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much, I know this is a long time since your post, but it worked on my new TDI Sportwagen after I was about ready to rip my hair out. I thought once I had paired the phone there would be no more permissions required, but apparently not.
Appreciated your time.

melonline

Reaction score
pairing.

WRD

Thank you very much, I know this is a long time since your post, but it worked on my new TDI Sportwagen after I was about ready to rip my hair out. I thought once I had paired the phone there would be no more permissions required, but apparently not.
Appreciated your time.[/QUOTE]