1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

LG Issues Official Press Release that the LG Optimus G is Coming to Sprint & AT&T

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Oct 4, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

It looks like the LG Optimus G will be officially coming to Sprint and AT&T. LG recently issued a press statement indicating that their new quad-core beast will be coming to those two networks.

There were quite a few things notably missing from this press statement, such as whether it will come to Verizon, and what the pricing and availability will be. Obviously, this doesn't look good for Verizon users who wanted to grab this device. Also, it makes us wonder about the validity of some of our previous rumors that the LG Optimus G would be a Nexus device. Then again, if you read between the lines, there is one more possibility.

Perhaps Verizon will be getting the device, but they are holding out for the Nexus version of the LG Optimus G. This would fit their past behavior with choosing devices. Also, the way the press statement is worded, the phone could still come to Verizon. Of course, that is just speculation (and maybe a little bit of wishful thinking) at this point.

Here's the full press release below:

2. wicked

wicked Administrator Staff Member

This is the phone I'm waiting for. It better come to Verizon. :mad:
  3. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

I personally think that is IS a Nexus, and that's WHY no mention has been made about it on Verizon. I don't think you are going to see another Verizon Nexus device, it deviates too far from their business model. If we DO get this phone, it will be in locked-down form. Just my opinion of course, but look at Verizon's track record here.
  4. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable New Member

If it doesn't come to VZ that is the weakest of weaksauces, unless it comes as a Nexus variant, as unlikely as that seems.
Search tags for this page

optimus g