LG Optimus G Officially Launched; Korea Next Week and Globally in October

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Sep 18, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Late last night another juicy phone officially launched. LG just announced that their new super-flagship, the Optimus G will be available in Korea starting next week, and will launch world-wide in October. When this baby hits the streets, the rest of the smartphone world will likely need to run for cover, because nothing out there can compare with these ridiculous specs. They have also added a slew of customized software features, and while most of the time Android skins are more annoying than useful, they have improved lately. Some of the software features look really intriguing, so be sure to check out the presser below. (Of course, we will have to wait and see how well all that power is executed with the actual phone, but we are excited by the prospect of testing this baby out.) Here's a spec refresh followed by the press release,
    • 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor Quad-Core and LTE
    • Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
    • LTE, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0
    • 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPS Plus (1280 x 768 pixels)
    • 32GB On Board Storage
    • 2GB DDR RAM
    • 13.0MP or 8.0MP rear cameras (depends on region) / 1.3MP front
    • 2,100mAh Battery rated at: Talk time: 15 hours / Standby: 335 hours
    • 145g, 31.9 x 68.9 x 8.45mm
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  2. WestOkid

WestOkid Active Member

This looks sweet. Just not sure if I can take the LG plunge. Another note on it looking sweet. I just hope Verizon doesn't ruin the phone by forcing LG to place "Verizon" somewhere on the face. My Razr would look so much more elegant if it did not have that stupid Verizon decal on it.
  3. hotice

hotice Member

Yeah, this is what I was hoping the Razr HD would be. I think my next phone may be an LG. We'll see hat HTC announces tomorrow. They'll need more than a 1080p 5" screen. I hope HTC uses a large battery.
  4. music life

music life Member

looks sweet. wondering if the quad core is gonna have problems being that its the first. Kinda like the X2 and original bionic had hella problems as the first dual core phones.
  5. 713King

713King New Member

They are far behind in competition that I am sure they did enough research so they can release such a beast of a phone. It's not like Motorola who was putting out phones left to right.
  6. bluefire7002

bluefire7002 New Member

Anyone know if the US version is going to include the 13mp camera? I read 8mp in some regions :icon_eek:
  7. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

good question. I haven't seen it clarified. The 13MP sticks out a bit though, curious how much. I'd also like to see comparisons of the 2, MP isn't everything as far as cameras are concerned