LG g2 vs Droid Maxx vs HTC m8

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by ovaltine123, Feb 28, 2015.

1. ovaltine123

ovaltine123 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry if this a topic that has already been hit on but I just can't get myself to make a decision! Here is my old post: Buy a nice used phone or cheap new phone - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com I'm looking for an older phone to bring the price down and these are the ones I've narrowed it down to. Here is what is key to me in order of importance:

1. Battery life. I currently have an HTC DNA and it lasts about 4 hours with average use and I'm sick of it. I don't need a phone to last me 3 days without a charge but I need it to last me through the day with decently heavy use no problem. Also, I'm going to have this phone 2-3 years and I want it to be able to make it through the day, hopefully.

2. Speed/screen/bells and whistles. It's 2015, I feel like a smartphone should be able to do some pretty cool things and look good doin it.

3. Camera. I use the camera a decent amount and I like being able to take a decent picture and not be shown up by my Iphone 6 friends.

Honestly I'm leaning tords the Maxx right now just cause of the battery, but I have head the screen is average and the camera is pretty weak. I'm just scared of getting another DNA-like phone that can't get me through the morning on one charge.

Thanks for any help!

2. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,290
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    The maxx will get you through the day, the screen may not be 4K but it is 720p HD at 1280X720 and 294ppi. Really in the PPI arena it's not that bad.

I always thought the MAXX's camera was pretty good. May not win any awards, but I was still impressed with pictures it took.

It was always pretty snappy as well.

3. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,254
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    I own a Droid Maxx, so I am a little partial to it. I don't know much about the other phones, other than they are great phones also. But here are some "bells & whistles" the Maxx has:
    Moto Camera is an app: updated through the Play Store. You don't have to wait for OS updates. New camera update 2 days ago actually
    Touch less Control.
    Active Display: Once you are used to it you won't miss the blinking LED light any more.
    Moto Assist: Sleep Mode, Meeting Mode, Driving Mode (reads texts out loud while driving).
    Twist to open camera.
    And of course a big battery.
    Edit:
    Moto Connect
    Moto Migrate (awesome for transferring data from old phone to new phone).
    NFC.
    Scheduled to receive 5.0 Lollipop

#3 Sajo, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  4. bkdodger

bkdodger Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +4,023
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    I've had both the G2 and M8... Very solid phones... M8 with front speakers and sound quality is my choice.. Smooth and HTC did great with not over the top Sense

Tap'd by Big 6

• Like Like x 1
  5. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Rescue Squad
    Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +240
    G2 user here, and may buy another when this this thing is done.

• Like Like x 1
  6. popcenator

popcenator Droid X Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +904
    I say the G2 based on in hand feel, it just feels right. The M8 has great speakers and a much smoother UI IMO. So they each have something different going for them.