less than steller battery life...is this normal

turdbogls

Reaction score
OK, so i have been running RubiX 1.9 for a few days now, i have the liquid green theme or whatever it is. i have noticed not terrible, but not great battery life, it is significantly worse than stock froyo was. took some screen shots of my battery usage. and thought it was interesting since my display is usually what is really up there. even now, at work, when the screen is on most of the time the phone is off the charger, i still get the same numbers (pretty much) with cell standby using up most of the power.

what is going on here.

here is what i am seeing

this was just over an hour after i woke up, i checked the weather, and thats it. cell standby is killing me. normal?
ScreenShot-6.png

this i dont get...50% of the time i dont have a signal? i live just outside of orlando, and i constantly have a signal...i just dont get it.
ScreenShot-7.png

Last edited:

Inkarnit

Reaction score
This is a known bug/graphical glitch. The cell standby is not really that high. The next build should hopefully have that fixed. One of the test builds for 1.9.0 DID have that fixed but it was scrapped due to another issue. This is ONLY graphical. I'd say that being at 100% still after 1h and 13m unplugged is pretty good though... what kind of full battery life are you seeing? Also, you can do a battery stats wipe by charging your battery via wall plug overnight then going into clockwork advanced menu and wiping battery stats. This should reset any reading anomolies.

OP
T

turdbogls

Reaction score
This is a known bug/graphical glitch. The cell standby is not really that high. The next build should hopefully have that fixed. One of the test builds for 1.9.0 DID have that fixed but it was scrapped due to another issue. This is ONLY graphical. I'd say that being at 100% still after 1h and 13m unplugged is pretty good though... what kind of full battery life are you seeing? Also, you can do a battery stats wipe by charging your battery via wall plug overnight then going into clockwork advanced menu and wiping battery stats. This should reset any reading anomolies.

OK thanks for the heads up.
I am thinking of changing to a different ROM (just started romming so i want to try things out)...is it wise for me to flash the backup i have of stock (rooted) 2.2.15, and then flash another 2.2.15 ROM, or can i just flash over rubiX as long as i stay with a 2.1.15 ROM?

Trong

Reaction score
Almost every single time, you'll be fine just flashing another ROM right over another on the DX. Most likely, you'll have to wipe data/cache though.

The 2.2.1 update is out now (2.3.340) so you might wanna consider installing that over your stock backup and rerooting.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
T

turdbogls

Reaction score
Almost every single time, you'll be fine just flashing another ROM right over another on the DX. Most likely, you'll have to wipe data/cache though.

The 2.2.1 update is out now (2.3.340) so you might wanna consider installing that over your stock backup and rerooting.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

i would love to do this, but i was unaware about the bloatware thing. i deleted a bunch of the bloatware in TiB. will i have to SBF to get back to stock 2.2.15, then update to .340? sorry for all the questions guys. coming from the D1, this is much more complicated. i am getting there tho :)

Last edited:
OP
T

turdbogls

Reaction score
Try turning off your Bluetooth too that takes up battery....

i know it kills battery, but when i have BT on, i am 99% of the time, on my charging dock. i turn it off when i am not going to be on a charger for a longer period of time.

Trong

Reaction score
i would love to do this, but i was unaware about the bloatware thing. i deleted a bunch of the bloatware in TiB. will i have to SBF to get back to stock 2.2.15, then update to .340? sorry for all the questions guys. coming from the D1, this is much more complicated. i am getting there tho :)
Ah yeah, if you use Titanium Backup, then I'd recommend you go for an SBF because it's kind of a hassle to manually reinstall those apps if you straight up deleted them the first time around (instead of just renaming them). It doesn't take that much time. I SBF'd, installed OTA, and installed RubiX Focused with all my apps in under 2 hours the other day.

However, if you don't use Titanium, it'd probably save time to see which apps you'll need to reinstall and actually reinstall them, install OTA, and re-root, bootstrap, and ROM again. I can provide most of the 2.2 /system/ apk's so if you need them, you can probably find them online or I can send them to you tonight.

OP
T

turdbogls

Reaction score
sorry, I misspoke. I just un-installed the apps..ic didn't delete them.

Will titanium pro allow me to reinstall what I deleted?
I only got rid of a couple things like the stock music player, messenger,NFS game and the news and weather app.

Last edited: