LED SMS Notification

vindicate

Reaction score
I timed how long the green light flashes after getting a text message, and it only flashes for 5 minutes. It might as well not even flash if it's only gonna stay on that long.

Is there a way to make it stay on longer? I assume it is software based and not hardware so you would think you could.

harrellj

Reaction score
Try an app called Blink.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try SMS Notifier by mapeapps on the market- it's very customizable.

skinnypig

Reaction score
I posted several weeks ago trying to find an app that works on the Incredible....no luck yet..there has to be someone out there with the skills to program this!! please help. I was spoiled with my blackberry and ability to use any color on the LED.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah the Incredible LED isn't great, especially compared to my original Droid where I had different colors for different notifications, i miss that the most about my Droid.

Red= low batt
Cyan= text
blue = facebook
yellow = missed call

would've loved to keep that setup....everything on the Incredible is just Green...

doobie711

Reaction score
the inc only has a bi-color led. no different colors unfortunately. i guess in bulk they're cheaper than the multi-color ones that motorola uses. to change the timeout for the led would definitely need some software modifying ie "root". htc just seems a little funny when it comes to things like this.

skinnypig

Reaction score
I was hoping someone who has rooted and is capable could do it.... LED could be customized between the two colors at least, flashing at different intervals or remaining lit for example. Nice to not have to turn on screen to see what type of message is incoming if the phone is in silent mode..thanks