Layar is out for Droid!

Daywalker

Reaction score
History comes alive
How often did you wonder ‘how would this place have looked like hundreds of years ago?’, while standing in Rome, Paris or New York. Layar enables re-creation of a long past reality, by displaying ancient photos overlaid on their current location or even by re-constructing the original building. Imagine you can experience the Colosseum back in its original state, see the audience sitting on the benches and hear the lions roar - as if you were teleported to a scene 1000 years ago, simply by holding up your phone and looking around you. Many of such layers are now in development and will go live in 2010.

Not so much the phone don't work there :)

808droid

Reaction score
Amazing app, I just couldn't put it down, turns my DROID into a RADAR to find places to eat, sleep, play, shop all in the palm of my hands that syncs with the Navigator to find it.

Great app...I love this one!:gotmyvote:

808droid

Reaction score
So, is it still in the marketplace? I can't find it.

Sure is, just click on the search button in the marketplace and enter the word layar, it should pop up for you, just tried it and it is there. It will say "Reality Browser 3.0" with the Layar logo to the left of it.

coondogg97

Reaction score
Layar 3.0

chart

segen77

Reaction score
interesting, but i don't know how useful it is outside of a larger city. and even then, it seems like it would get too jumbled with choices.