Layar is out for Droid!

Ainvar

Reaction score
yay!! I was looking for it last night when I was reading about it. Glad it was released today. Will be playing with it this weekend.

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
I don't even understand it yet, but in the 2 minutes that I've played with it, it seems like a preety sweet app!:icon_ banana:

DjSmooth

Reaction score
read about it, installed it opened it once and for the next hour, I've been trying to unfreeze my Droid, and uninstall that Crap, but hey Thanks - Lesson Learned! :D

OP
Z

Zodduska

Reaction score
You should be able to just search for Layar in the market.

SirSyeco

Reaction score
Very cool app. It still has a little ways to go for less metro areas imo but its still pretty sweet.

In case anyone is not clear on what it does.. its similar to doing a google maps search for say, food. This app takes the search results and puts them into 3D using your camera so as you look around you with the phones's camera, it shows you which direction to go, how far it is, and info like phone number and such. Its pretty cool.

silverx10

Reaction score
Aye, SirSyeco's synopsis was spot-on. Just downloaded it, and it is indeed a pretty neat li'l toy. Able to do a default search for "pizza", and it found a lot (if not all; I honestly had no idea there were that many around me) of the pizza places around here.