LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

Fede

Reaction score
Gotta say since the last few updates LP has really slowed down. Almost just like the stock launcher. Also getting some weird things happen when I hit the home button. Random apps open. The latest update seems to make it go to the dialer when I hit the home button after making settings changes. Said it earlier in this thread. It might be getting to the point of too many features and changes is starting to drag it down. I think I'm gonna go back to an earlier version for a while.

I was getting the same things as well. I changed the speed opening of the app drawer and screen scroll down. Quit using 3d app. Set my memory to light and it seemed to help everything. The new update is working well too.
I also uninstalled and reinstalled it and it's working great.

Just a suggestion.

I might have to try these suggestions because I am having the same issues... everything has become really laggy as time has gone on.

Guess it depends on your phone. On my Moto Milestone, 0.6.3 runs faster and smoother than the 0.1.x versions. Also, if you're using features in the new versions that use more CPU (like dock background, homescreen dots, 3d drawer, screen indicator, etc, etc), it's of course to be expected it will run slower than the old version where you weren't using those features.

It's like installing Photoshop CS5 and expecting it to run as fast or faster than Photoshop 7. With new features usually come increased CPU usage. It's unreasonable to expect it to not affect speed.

With that said, if you disable all new the new features that have been introduced since version 0.1.0, it should run as fast (probably faster since there have been some code optimizations) than 0.1.0.

Last edited:

Darkseider

Reaction score
This is definitely the best damned thing I have stuck on my Droid in a LONG LONG time. I don't know how I lived without it. Absolutely awesome and essential launcher replacement.

jcardona1

Reaction score
i have to agree with those that say it's getting slower and slower with every update. not sure what is happening but it's starting to become another Helix launcher. ive used the 3d app since i installed it and it's always worked fine. until lately, its starting to lag more and more

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I still use the old version, it is themed and included with my new updated "Luna Theme" for eXtreme 1.5.0 >

Muddy Rubicon

Reaction score
Question for anyone using LauncherPro...If I am running an app and I press the HOME button, I keep getting the "Complete action using" popup forcing me to select LauncherPro vs. Home each time.

I have tried checking the "Use by default for this action" checkbox.

I have tried clearing the default in Home Settings > Applications > Manage Applications

Anyone else run into this issue before?

ricks

Reaction score
Question for anyone using LauncherPro...If I am running an app and I press the HOME button, I keep getting the "Complete action using" popup forcing me to select LauncherPro vs. Home each time.

I have tried clearing the default in Home Settings > Applications > Manage Applications

When it comes up, make sure you hit USE BY DEFAULT first then hit Launcher Pro.

Muddy Rubicon

Reaction score

Yes, I have tried that.

Besides, I'm not sure how I could do it any other way because if you select LauncherPro first, the popup goes away which would not allow for me to select the USE BY DEFAULT checkbox.

Or, am I not understanding what you are saying???

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yes, I have tried that.

Besides, I'm not sure how I could do it any other way because if you select LauncherPro first, the popup goes away which would not allow for me to select the USE BY DEFAULT checkbox.

Try downloading "Home Switcher" from the Market and see if that solves your problem.

ricks

Reaction score
Then i have no idea what your problem is. Launcher Pro works great on my phone. Send an e-mail to the dev, he will reply to you.

Muddy Rubicon

Reaction score

Well, I just figured out how I can reproduce this issue at will...before it was working ok sometimes and then other times it would bring up the popup for me again and I couldn't figure out why until now...

If I check the USE BY DEFAULT checkbox, the home screen will work fine without the popup returning UNLESS I hold the home screen button down so that the task tray popup appears. Once I do that, it must reset something because once I try to use the home button again after that to return to the home screen I get the "Complete action using" popup again.

Se7enLC

Reaction score

Well, I just figured out how I can reproduce this issue at will...before it was working ok sometimes and then other times it would bring up the popup for me again and I couldn't figure out why until now...

If I check the USE BY DEFAULT checkbox, the home screen will work fine without the popup returning UNLESS I hold the home screen button down so that the task tray popup appears. Once I do that, it must reset something because once I try to use the home button again after that to return to the home screen I get the "Complete action using" popup again.

If you are running Froyo, check to make sure NONE of your installed Home Replacement Apps are installed on the SD card.

Muddy Rubicon

Reaction score

Yes, I have tried that.

Try downloading "Home Switcher" from the Market and see if that solves your problem.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this but it doesn't solve the issue. I will email the developer and see if he knows of this bug or if it is a "user" problem.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I continue to apply the updates, and the copy of LP installed on my Droid continues to work flawlessly.

-Mike

flawlessly may be relative to what you consider to be flawless.... I am getting good performance from each update, however not even close to the lightning quick scrolling and superfast loading as the first versions have always given me..... just a fact...

Gotta say since the last few updates LP has really slowed down. Almost just like the stock launcher. Also getting some weird things happen when I hit the home button. Random apps open. The latest update seems to make it go to the dialer when I hit the home button after making settings changes. Said it earlier in this thread. It might be getting to the point of too many features and changes is starting to drag it down. I think I'm gonna go back to an earlier version for a while.

I was getting the same things as well. I changed the speed opening of the app drawer and screen scroll down. Quit using 3d app. Set my memory to light and it seemed to help everything. The new update is working well too.
I also uninstalled and reinstalled it and it's working great.

Just a suggestion.

I might have to try these suggestions because I am having the same issues... everything has become really laggy as time has gone on.

My suggestion is to give up some of the newer features to balance out your performance. I disabled the 3 rows of dock icons (back to just the one), disabled the 3D app drawer, and went back to 3 screens (thanks to widgetlocker and quickdesk giving me easy access to more things). I also put the icons per row settings back to defaults, although I dont know if that makes a difference or not... but the other things definitely did.

If you are running Froyo, check to make sure NONE of your installed Home Replacement Apps are installed on the SD card.

I think that's the solution right there.

Muddy Rubicon

Reaction score

I apologize for my ignorance. I am not really sure what Froyo is, but I don't think I have it. I just recently purchased the Motorola Droid about 6 weeks ago. I checked my About Phone properties and the model is Droid and the Firmware version is 2.1-update1

How do I check to see if LauncherPro Beta is installed on my SD?

Se7enLC

Reaction score
I apologize for my ignorance. I am not really sure what Froyo is, but I don't think I have it. I just recently purchased the Motorola Droid about 6 weeks ago. I checked my About Phone properties and the model is Droid and the Firmware version is 2.1-update1

How do I check to see if LauncherPro Beta is installed on my SD?

Not to worry - that suggestion doesn't apply to you. Froyo is the developers name for Android OS version 2.2 - currently only available for those who got root access and manually installed it on their phone. Versions prior to 2.2 don't have the ability to install to the SD card, so you don't need to check for it - we're barking up the wrong tree here. The problem must be with the application.