LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

Muddy Rubicon

Reaction score
I apologize for my ignorance. I am not really sure what Froyo is, but I don't think I have it. I just recently purchased the Motorola Droid about 6 weeks ago. I checked my About Phone properties and the model is Droid and the Firmware version is 2.1-update1

How do I check to see if LauncherPro Beta is installed on my SD?

Not to worry - that suggestion doesn't apply to you. Froyo is the developers name for Android OS version 2.2 - currently only available for those who got root access and manually installed it on their phone. Versions prior to 2.2 don't have the ability to install to the SD card, so you don't need to check for it - we're barking up the wrong tree here. The problem must be with the application.

Ok, thanks for explaining. I will check with the developer then. I'll report back, unless it is determined that it was because of my own stupidity. :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nice update, seems as if the live wallpaper may have been causing me my probs.

Cutter3

Reaction score
Well, I just figured out how I can reproduce this issue at will...before it was working ok sometimes and then other times it would bring up the popup for me again and I couldn't figure out why until now...

If I check the USE BY DEFAULT checkbox, the home screen will work fine without the popup returning UNLESS I hold the home screen button down so that the task tray popup appears. Once I do that, it must reset something because once I try to use the home button again after that to return to the home screen I get the "Complete action using" popup again.

If you are running Froyo, check to make sure NONE of your installed Home Replacement Apps are installed on the SD card.

I apologize for my ignorance. I am not really sure what Froyo is, but I don't think I have it. I just recently purchased the Motorola Droid about 6 weeks ago. I checked my About Phone properties and the model is Droid and the Firmware version is 2.1-update1

How do I check to see if LauncherPro Beta is installed on my SD?

Are you running a task killer? If so, you'll need to tell it to ignore LauncherPro. Otherwise, it is probably killing it automatically once the phone goes to sleep, and you need to prompt it again once the phone wakes up.

Go into your task manager/killer and see if LauncherPro is on the "kill" list. A long press on LauncherPro should allow you to add it to the ignore list.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
changelog

LauncherPro Beta v0.6.3 hits the Market.

Jun 28th

Posted by Federico in Updates
73 comments

The new 0.6.3 version of LauncherPro Beta is now available in the Android Market. It focuses mainly on bugfixes, stability and performance, but also adds a couple of new features.
Here’s what’s new:

• Removed some useless memory usage in the dock. Should improve stability.
  • Fixed a bug when scrolling to a dock that had all its shortcuts set to Blank.
  • Fixed a force-close issue when installing/updating/uninstalling apps from the Market. I haven’t been able to reproduce this problem so I’m not 100% sure it’s fixed, but it should be.
  • Fixed force-close when choosing custom dock icons on certain phones (mainly HTC Sense phones)
  • Fixed force-close when scrolling the app drawer before it had finished opening (I think that was only a problem on Android 2.2).
  • Added a “Motorola Droid hack” option under General Settings inside the preferences. If you have a Motorola Droid or Milestone, you should check this for improved scrolling performance. If you’re running a custom ROM, you might want to check the performance with this on and off, if there’s no visible difference in scrolling smoothness, disable it.
  • Fixed the dockbar sometimes randomly switching to a non-default dock, even if dock scrolling is disabled.
  • Fixed the dockbar switching to the default dock on orientation change.
  • New option to select the number of docks. You can choose 1, 2, or 3 docks.
  • The “Enable dock scrolling” option has been removed. If you want to disable dock scrolling, set the number of docks to 1.
  • New option to use your phone’s trackball to switch homescreens. It’s under Homescreen Settings in the preferences.
Click here to download the APK file.
That’s it for now, look out for more updates this week.
Fede

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Dude this thing works heck of a lot better. Good job.

With the new froyo, minus the memory killing livewallpapers (lets face it the main purpose is for show off purposes, after you show it off switch back to still so you can regain performance) .....abd its perfect.

Man its what i needed....cuz now I can set this in motion (this is a repeat from what i said on multiple threads). Ima copy that sense scenes idea. Launcher pro gonna have all my work apps and set ups (music, calender, notes, bookmarks for certain websites). See I need 7 screens and the speed of Lp for that. But then Ima use my default home app as my home scene (more twitter and face book widgets, and other social apps). Man all I need is for the dev of home switcher app to get that froyo fix so it will work on froyo.

And Fede ....maybe look at an option for a scenes option in LP where I can just switch setups in launcherpro option. I know it will be a lot of work, and the first time it has a f/c or does not work right people will be complaining about all the extra options and udating it to where it does not work again....oh and the famous "Im going back to ADW' rant.
But I think it would be worth it.....heck make it a separate app and charge for it.
Just a thought.

But hey good job again with the fix.

pyro6128

Reaction score
wouldn't running multiple widgets on another home while at the same time using launcher pro with widgets kill your battery faster? I remember back when I used Home++ they said to remove all widgets from the original home, otherwise they continue to run in the background and stay active, killing the battery. Never tested it though

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
wouldn't running multiple widgets on another home while at the same time using launcher pro with widgets kill your battery faster? I remember back when I used Home++ they said to remove all widgets from the original home, otherwise they continue to run in the background and stay active, killing the battery. Never tested it though

Well before I had my home set up before i switched to lp and I did not remove any widgets. My battery life did not drain any faster.

rjax

Reaction score
Man all I need is for the dev of home switcher app to get that froyo fix so it will work on froyo.

As a stopgap, if you have Any Cut installed, you can create shortcuts that let you go to a specific launcher. In the Activity list of shortcuts you can create, you'll find entries for Home, LP, etc.

seang

Reaction score
Man all I need is for the dev of home switcher app to get that froyo fix so it will work on froyo.

As a stopgap, if you have Any Cut installed, you can create shortcuts that let you go to a specific launcher. In the Activity list of shortcuts you can create, you'll find entries for Home, LP, etc.
im running froyo, and home switcher works for me.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Sure there are details on the website; I just don't understand them. :-S
I tried Home Switcher but it wasn't for me. I wasn't that crazy about ADW anyway; the only feature it had that interested me was the horizontal scrolling app drawer, and with App Organizer I hardly need to use my app drawer at all, so big deal. But, hey, whatever floats your boat.
I do like the idea of being able to have different configs stored for LP, but if it's too complicated and could break something else then never mind.
LP is running nicely now with Quick Desk and Widget Locker, and 3 screens plus those two ia a nice combination for me.

Sent from my Droid using TARDIStalk

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I have a bug now, and I think it has been reported before:

First of all I have LP set to go to my default home screen, rather than thumbnail previews, when home is pressed.

Now, sometimes when in an app and I press home, not only does it try to go to the screen previews instead, but the 3 thumbnails (just using 3 homescreens now) all bunch up in the top left of the screen, overlapping each other.

I believe it might have something to do with two apps recently installed: widgetlocker and quickdesk. Both of these apps ask to hook themselves as the default home app, but then pass the buck to the "real" home app (LP) when home is pressed. Since I've had both of those in, this above bolded thing happens. It goes Widgetlocker>quickdesk>Launcherpro.

Any ideas? I like WL and QD so I'd hate to give them up now...

stangdroid

Reaction score
Update to 0.6.4 on the market but nothing on his site yet about the changes.

He posted the update. Hopefully this update can end my endless restarts of the launcher when exiting apps.

it didn't fix it for me. :( seems like 5.4 was the last one that didn't do that. Maybe fede can give us the option to have different colors when we press on the apps on the screen?

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Update to 0.6.4 on the market but nothing on his site yet about the changes.

He posted the update. Hopefully this update can end my endless restarts of the launcher when exiting apps.

it didn't fix it for me. :( seems like 5.4 was the last one that didn't do that. Maybe fede can give us the option to have different colors when we press on the apps on the screen?

There's a bunch of new memory management options. Have you tried messing with them?