LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

strang66

Reaction score
First off, let me say LP is the best launcher by far and I am loving the constant updates. But after saying that, is anyone else having lag problems with LP after exiting out of a browser? After every use of either the Stock, Skyfire or Dolphin browser, I have a 5 - 10 second delay/lag. Any thoughts?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK. This is getting tiresome. With 150 or so apps and using up to seven home screens in various launchers, I take committing to a particular launcher seriously. It takes quite a bit of design and effort to configure a launcher to work seamlessly especially in conjunction with FolderOrganizer.

Early on I went from the stock browser to GDE after trying several. Used it for months and was pretty happy with it. Eventually, though, I switched to Helix1. And after adjusting to the differences I managed to get it just the way I wanted it. Then LauncherPro came along. I was skeptical but eventually I gave in and spent several hours making choices and reconfiguring.

OK. Now here's the tiresome part. Just as I manage to design the screens to work well within the constraints of the launcher's design, the developer reduces or eliminates the constraints. For example, I'd gotten used to tapping the home button to show me previews of the 7 screens and assist my navigation. Now Federico has added the little indicator and the "next/previous" navigation buttons.

The expansion of the dock from five to fifteen items is the last straw! Now I have to completely rethink what should appear in the dock versus what should be on particular screens. :icon_evil:

If Federico doesn't stop enhancing this d**n launcher, I'll never be able to leave it alone!

armeddroid

Reaction score
OK. This is getting tiresome. With 150 or so apps and using up to seven home screens in various launchers, I take committing to a particular launcher seriously. It takes quite a bit of design and effort to configure a launcher to work seamlessly especially in conjunction with FolderOrganizer.

Early on I went from the stock browser to GDE after trying several. Used it for months and was pretty happy with it. Eventually, though, I switched to Helix1. And after adjusting to the differences I managed to get it just the way I wanted it. Then LauncherPro came along. I was skeptical but eventually I gave in and spent several hours making choices and reconfiguring.

OK. Now here's the tiresome part. Just as I manage to design the screens to work well within the constraints of the launcher's design, the developer reduces or eliminates the constraints. For example, I'd gotten used to tapping the home button to show me previews of the 7 screens and assist my navigation. Now Federico has added the little indicator and the "next/previous" navigation buttons.

The expansion of the dock from five to fifteen items is the last straw! Now I have to completely rethink what should appear in the dock versus what should be on particular screens. :icon_evil:

If Federico doesn't stop enhancing this d**n launcher, I'll never be able to leave it alone!

+1
I have to REDO all of mine now that have freed up alot of space on my screens.
:D

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
+1

LOL. Since installing LP and deciding it was the one to keep I have yet to go back and redo all of my homescreen set-ups and adding custom icons like I had with Helix. I know as soon as I do it Federico will throw another curve ball at us and I will have to change again. :icon_ banana:

shochman

Reaction score
I had similar problems with the Dolphin HD Browser being non-responsive with the new LP in memory option.. I then removed the live wallpaper I was using, and everything was snappy again.

Sal R.

Reaction score
With the new dock cuts, I can have more widgets on my desktop.

I'm going widget crazy!

mitchb2

Reaction score
I freaked out a little when I saw the apps drawer button was gone, but I figured it out. :)

kmarmet

Reaction score
AWD way smoother:)
let me try this..johnly would u be ever so kind to not post trolling or not trolling like comments? i would greatly appreciate that. thank you ever so much.

hopefully that didnt alert the "forum police"

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
I was hesitant to try this out. I did...I'm in love. Launcher Pro is really fast and I love the features that come with it.

Thanks,

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

+1

Same here. I can even drop a screen if I wanted to. I use Apps Organizer and stuck a few of them down in the shortcut area.

I do have a couple of gripes. One is that I have the middle 5 as the ones I had before the update, but when I change to landscape or on boot up, it changes to the first 5. A minor gripe, however as I can make the move and it seems to stick as long as I don't go to landscape. Yes, I could make my original apps in the first 5, but then the last 5 aren't really worth it as I could just as easily move a screen.

Another thing is that I've had about 5 FCs. I just press Wait and it's OK, plus some may have been because I was trying to do two things at once, but before the update a FC was rare.