latest vicious jelly bean?

trink08

Reaction score
I recently flashed vicious toro 4.1.1 v1 signed. Is this the newest ROM or is v5 the newest? The one I'm on now has been great except WiFi tethering does not work....USB tethering does

TheRealhamfoshea

Reaction score
Hope This Helps!

I recently flashed vicious toro 4.1.1 v1 signed. Is this the newest ROM or is v5 the newest? The one I'm on now has been great except WiFi tethering does not work....USB tethering does

I do believe that V5 is the 5th iteration of the 4.1 Vicious toro rom. As far as I know, the 4.1.1 v1 signed is the newest ROM from this specific developer, as it is based on the latest source code. It's what I've been running for the past two days, and I'm loving it.

OP
trink08

trink08

Reaction score
TheRealhamfoshea said:
I do believe that V5 is the 5th iteration of the 4.1 Vicious toro rom. As far as I know, the 4.1.1 v1 signed is the newest ROM from this specific developer, as it is based on the latest source code. It's what I've been running for the past two days, and I'm loving it.

Yes. I love it as well with the exception of the WiFi tether. Ive tried 2 apps off the market as well as the native tether and neither work. Fortunately I dont use it often but its still a bummer. Have u had any problems with WiFi tether?

TheRealhamfoshea

Reaction score
Fix?

Yes. I love it as well with the exception of the WiFi tether. Ive tried 2 apps off the market as well as the native tether and neither work. Fortunately I dont use it often but its still a bummer. Have u had any problems with WiFi tether?

You might want to check this video out. Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Custom Rom Deeper Chocolate by P3Droid [FULL REVIEW] - YouTube

This ROM supposedly offers one of the best in battery life and offers working WiFi Tether. As I do not use WiFi Tether, I could not tel you but this one should offer what your looking for. Might cost you a few bucks though. Let me know if you try it out and if it's worth the switch!

OP
trink08

trink08

Reaction score
Ah, Id rather just wait for a ROM update than spend money on one. Phone bill is expensive enough lol. Thanks for the advice tho

OP
trink08

trink08

Reaction score
Just an update. I switched over to the latest xenon HD ROM. Just as smooth as vicious with more customization. However, WiFi tethering still not working.

TheRealhamfoshea

Reaction score
Just an update. I switched over to the latest xenon HD ROM. Just as smooth as vicious with more customization. However, WiFi tethering still not working.

Well, within the last 20 hours I've moved from Vicious, to the Deeper Chocolate ROM, and now I'm on the latest version of Bugless Beast that was released last night and it's working the best for me thus far. I might have to check the xenon HD ROM out though.

gtofan350

Reaction score
Look up Portable Wi-Fi hotspot widget by taiseiko. Great widget that utilizes the wifi tether already in your phone. Best part is, it works with either rooted or non-rooted phones with ICS or JB. I'm using it right now on my rooted VZW GN running 4.1.1 toro v1

Nealius

Reaction score
Jelly Belly 4.0 and Xenon HD have no issues with wifi hotspots.

OP
trink08

trink08

Reaction score
Nealius said:
Jelly Belly 4.0 and Xenon HD have no issues with wifi hotspots.

So what would be causing it not to work on my phone? I've flashed 2 different ROMs, neither of which work.

OP
trink08

trink08

Reaction score
gtofan350 said:
Look up Portable Wi-Fi hotspot widget by taiseiko. Great widget that utilizes the wifi tether already in your phone. Best part is, it works with either rooted or non-rooted phones with ICS or JB. I'm using it right now on my rooted VZW GN running 4.1.1 toro v1

Thanks but ive tried this already. My laptop will connect to the hotspot but it will be limited connectivity or local only. Any idea why?

OP
trink08

trink08

Reaction score
Update: simply changed the password in the hotspot settings and it works now. Yay