Latest on copy/paste and Flash 10??

blucrewfan

Reaction score
Anyone know the latest on these 2? The lack of a decent copy/paste function is really starting to be frustrating, and the lack of the latest Flash 10 keeps me from opening many great websites.

And no, I'm not looking for an APP for either of these.....just OEM.

Seems it's been months since these 2 upgrades have been just around the corner..

BCF

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Flash is not an OEM upgrade , it's an application . So it'll be available on the Market when Adobe finishes it .

OP
B

blucrewfan

Reaction score
Flash is not an OEM upgrade , it's an application . So it'll be available on the Market when Adobe finishes it .

My bad...yes, the Flash10 application.

And Garret, are you able to copy/paste from anywhere? Email, web pages etc etc..? As far as I know, there are severe limitations to the androids copy/paste function. Sometimes I can't even copy from a a google web page. Ironic

BCF

eliassami5

Reaction score
use the physical keyboard in order to "better implement" copy and paste. And be grateful that we are even getting flash..

OP
B

blucrewfan

Reaction score
use the physical keyboard in order to "better implement" copy and paste. And be grateful that we are even getting flash..

I love the phone, but the "physical keyboard" is pretty useless to me. My hands/fingers are just too big. I have tried copy/paste via the PK....but it was cumbersome, and again..limited.

I'm curious, why should I be grateful for possibly getting the new Flash app? Should we be demanding it?

BCF

eliassami5

Reaction score

I love the phone, but the "physical keyboard" is pretty useless to me. My hands/fingers are just too big. I have tried copy/paste via the PK....but it was cumbersome, and again..limited.

I'm curious, why should I be grateful for possibly getting the new Flash app? Should we be demanding it?

BCF

No, but if you had gone with the Iphone you would never get flash.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
News today is that Flash will be available in "the second half" of the year.

Android to See Flash 10.1 In Second Half of 2010 | Android Phone Fans

Odd, it says first half here...

Adobe Flash Player

Actually, what it says there is that Flash isn't available for my device. :) But the "second half" of 2010 info came out a couple of days ago. That's not a big surprise. Even if it were "ready" from Adobe now it would take several months to get it through all the hoops it would require to get it on phones.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score

BCF

The PK allows you to move the cursor around easier if you have big fingers IMO... that is about the only thing I use the PK for.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
Actually, what it says there is that Flash isn't available for my device. :) But the "second half" of 2010 info came out a couple of days ago. That's not a big surprise. Even if it were "ready" from Adobe now it would take several months to get it through all the hoops it would require to get it on phones.

I get...

Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 is coming to Android™ 2.0 and future releases in the first half of 2010 Copyright © 2010 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All Rights Reserved

superglen99

Reaction score
to copy and paste from a web page hit menu-more-select text and drag your finger across what you want to copy and it will save it to the clipboard and to paste it you just long press in a text field and press paste. much easier than iphone :)

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
to copy and paste from a web page hit menu-more-select text and drag your finger across what you want to copy and it will save it to the clipboard and to paste it you just long press in a text field and press paste. much easier than iphone :)

I honestly did not know how to Copy/Paste from browser either. Thanks for letting me know. It is easy to copy and paste from the browser.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

I get...

Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 is coming to Android™ 2.0 and future releases in the first half of 2010 Copyright © 2010 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All Rights Reserved

Adobe to Release Flash for Android in Second Half, 2010 | CoolTechZone.com