Large downloads

Ron62

Reaction score
I have a new problem with my HTC droid incredible phone. Starting on March 1 And occurring about every two weeks I am getting large Unsolicited downloads. Sometimes it is 90 MB, Another time it was 32MB and And the last time it was 87MB. I am on a limited data plan Of 150 MB per month with Verizon. This is eating up my allotment.
I did some further investigation using an app called traffic monitor.
It lists the following info
android.media:10027
UID = 10027 (what is this)
Media storage
DRM protected content storage
Download Manager
I have two other traffic monitor apps, neither identify the app that does the download.
I have no idea what this is. Verizon tech support can't help me. Searching the Internet got me nothing. Does anybody know what this application is and what it does. I would also like to know how I can control or eliminate it and prevent all my allotment for being used up. These are always downloads never an upload so it does not appear to be spyware. Everything else works fine so it does not appear to be a virus or malware. I have had to resort to turning 3G off which defeats most of the reason for having a smart phone.
Ron62

KThomas25

Reaction score
It sounds like one of your apps might be set to auto update... Maybe one you started using around the time you noticed the downloads or maybe even two weeks or so before... Judging from the download pattern you described. I'd begin by stopping auto update on all my downloaded apps and on as many native apps as I could figure out how... If you haven't already.

Sent from here with my phone, y'all.