Lapdock 500 is alot better.

heavyvino

Reaction score
Since the ICS update i just love how my LD500 works the lag that it had is gone,and everything seems to work seamlessly.
Netflix,Flixster,and MLBTV al work flawlessly and look great. Love the LD500.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Yeah, the new version of Webtop on ICS essentially provides users with an ICS tablet interface. Having had each of the models in the Asus Transformer line, I can honestly say that with the full tablet-style OS that's tailored towards laptop-style use, you can be very productive. Motorola definitely took a step in the right direction with the update.

Jxpinc

Reaction score
Unfortunately hulu aint cuttin it. any one have any ideas how to get hulu back? I can't get it to work with a browser or through phone mode when using webtop 3.0

kijutsu

Reaction score
Seconded on the LD500 being sooo much better now with ICS.

I do a LOT of remoting into systems and whatnot and I find they run soo much better under ICS with LD500.

Additionally, Google Chrome is like a full blown web browser on a 'real pc'.

The only thing that sucks is that i tend to type too fast for the LD500 and I get odd shortcuts that keep coming up and annoying the @)*# out of me. Wish I could find a way to disable the shortcuts off the keyboard.

jhanken

Reaction score
Wow, I just reported on that my Lapdock 500 has been completely bricked by the OTA ICS upgrade to my RAZR Maxx. First, I was getting a persistent "Unfortunatly, system I/O has stopped" error. Verizon said there is a know issue with supporting the resolution of the lapdocks, and that it won't be fixed until a release in September. Motorola tech support was able to get the error messages solved, but the interface is broken, what should be my desktop is only partially drawn and the visuals do not correspond with with what they represent (i.e. you click in location x, the interface activates something in location y). Super frustrated, will need to call Motorola again.

dnyc

Reaction score
this was a downgrade, not an upgrade
maybe it's ok for lapdock users, but for webtop adapter and HD dock users, it's almost useless
can't click/select/cut/copy/paste with mouse like a real desktop, can't expand to screen shapes other than letterbox

now webtop works like an oversized phone app, not a full-featured full-screen desktop browser (which was the main reason i chose a moto phone)
i waited for the official OTA update but now i'm ready to root my phone if it could get me back to the old version

jhanken

Reaction score
After a bit of fiddling and deleting cache files, the lapdock is working as intended for me now. I may eventually lament the loss of Firefox, but so far I am pleasantly surprised by the quicker general response time.

Wow, I just reported on that my Lapdock 500 has been completely bricked by the OTA ICS upgrade to my RAZR Maxx. First, I was getting a persistent "Unfortunatly, system I/O has stopped" error. Verizon said there is a know issue with supporting the resolution of the lapdocks, and that it won't be fixed until a release in September. Motorola tech support was able to get the error messages solved, but the interface is broken, what should be my desktop is only partially drawn and the visuals do not correspond with with what they represent (i.e. you click in location x, the interface activates something in location y). Super frustrated, will need to call Motorola again.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
My main problem with it still exists!!!

The lapdock does not charge the phone while you are using it. It says it is but after 3 hours of use on "phone priority" your phone will be down to 30%. Even when I'm not using the phone it doesn't charge the phone.

Makes it totally useless.