KJrugged luvs her droid

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by kjrugged, Dec 23, 2009.

1. kjrugged

kjrugged New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just switched from a blackberry perl to a Motorola Droid today. The phone is very intuitive, which is what made up my mind to switch. I am sick to death of my IPHONE brainwashed friends. Their phone is an extension of their arm - to the point that they are rude and can't be sociable around people - too busy typing on their phones.

My phone enhances my life - it's there to help me find places, look up websites, text friends, make calls, use helpful and USEFUL apps. It lives in it's case until I need it for one of these reasons. I can put it down and I won't break into hives. LOL

I am an IT person who loves technology. My last 4 phones could get email. I only started texting on my blackberry and I simply hate talking on the phone.

Droid has already proved itself to me - removable battery, customizable wallpaper and ringtones, qwerty keyboard for those of us with nails instead of finger pads, comparable price to blackberry plan, can use it as a tether for my laptop when traveling with an app called pdanet in marketplace (haven't tried it yet - got this info at the verizon store). The screen is crystal clear and so far I haven't had to use any manuals to look up anything I wanted to do.

Will be snooping around your forumns for cool facts and helpful tips to enhance my Droid experience even more.
    thanks
    Karen

2. boatman2220

boatman2220 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy the Droid, and have a good time here. Lots of tech savvy people here.

3. Xerozix

Xerozix Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Blackberry is dying

4. Xerozix

Xerozix Member

Ratings:
    +0
    By the way, boatman. Did you achieve master droid by posting in this section? Hhahaah

5. boatman2220

boatman2220 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mostly by replying to questions like this. LOL

6. lumpysherman

lumpysherman Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Android is the future.

7. boatman2220

boatman2220 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Really I don't think it's dying so much as not advancing. I know, same results in the end. There was lots of promise, I actually believed they would learn and come out with something breathtaking. LOL
    Silly Me.

8. kauaikid

kauaikid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    kjrugged,

I feel the same way. I've been bombarded by my brother, who is an Appleroid, to buy an iPhone and that was the last thing I was going to do after hearing all the problems he had with 3 of them. Every time he calls I always have to ask him if it's my phone or his phone always cutting out and he tells me it's his phone. Anyway, enough about his iPhones...I love my Droid!!!

I just got it yesterday and I can't put the darn thing down. Too many toys (apps) for me to look at in a week, I think. I just activated my Gmail account and now I'm wondering why I never did it sooner. Wish I could talk more, but I gotta get back to my Droid.

kk

9. RLJSlick

RLJSlick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the board Karen!