KJrugged luvs her droid

kjrugged

Reaction score
Just switched from a blackberry perl to a Motorola Droid today. The phone is very intuitive, which is what made up my mind to switch. I am sick to death of my IPHONE brainwashed friends. Their phone is an extension of their arm - to the point that they are rude and can't be sociable around people - too busy typing on their phones.

My phone enhances my life - it's there to help me find places, look up websites, text friends, make calls, use helpful and USEFUL apps. It lives in it's case until I need it for one of these reasons. I can put it down and I won't break into hives. LOL

I am an IT person who loves technology. My last 4 phones could get email. I only started texting on my blackberry and I simply hate talking on the phone.

Droid has already proved itself to me - removable battery, customizable wallpaper and ringtones, qwerty keyboard for those of us with nails instead of finger pads, comparable price to blackberry plan, can use it as a tether for my laptop when traveling with an app called pdanet in marketplace (haven't tried it yet - got this info at the verizon store). The screen is crystal clear and so far I haven't had to use any manuals to look up anything I wanted to do.

Will be snooping around your forumns for cool facts and helpful tips to enhance my Droid experience even more.
thanks
Karen

boatman2220

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy the Droid, and have a good time here. Lots of tech savvy people here.

Xerozix

Reaction score
By the way, boatman. Did you achieve master droid by posting in this section? Hhahaah

boatman2220

Reaction score
Blackberry is dying

Really I don't think it's dying so much as not advancing. I know, same results in the end. There was lots of promise, I actually believed they would learn and come out with something breathtaking. LOL
Silly Me.

kauaikid

Reaction score
kjrugged,

I feel the same way. I've been bombarded by my brother, who is an Appleroid, to buy an iPhone and that was the last thing I was going to do after hearing all the problems he had with 3 of them. Every time he calls I always have to ask him if it's my phone or his phone always cutting out and he tells me it's his phone. Anyway, enough about his iPhones...I love my Droid!!!

I just got it yesterday and I can't put the darn thing down. Too many toys (apps) for me to look at in a week, I think. I just activated my Gmail account and now I'm wondering why I never did it sooner. Wish I could talk more, but I gotta get back to my Droid.

kk