kicking me out

thehulk20

Reaction score
Does anyone have issues with being totally kicked out when browsing?
It is happening a lot with my droid. I will try to view a pic or go to another window and.....bam...it kicks me out. It brings me back to my home screen.
When I go back to the browser and look for my last page before being kicked off it doesn't show any information from the last page I viewed.
is it the droid or the browser?
If it helps, my droid is "up to date"

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I've never had this happen. Though I've accidentally hit the home button while browsing with one hand thus resulting me going back to the home screen. :/

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Same thing here...fat fingered the home or back myself a thousand times...

OP
thehulk20

thehulk20

Reaction score
no. i dont believe i have accidentally hit the home button. the last few times, i made sure to use my little ole forefinger due top the fact that i thought i was hitting the home button.
i have not tried any other browser though.
i just want to know if it a device problem or a browser problem. this is my second droid and it never happened to the first one. just in case you're wondering, i returned the first one for non-related issues.

OP
thehulk20

thehulk20

Reaction score
just for arguments sake, which alternative browser do yall recommend? i have tried opera mini. never tried any others

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have never had this problem, i'm only using the native browser. i do HAVE dolphin, but only use it to download videos.. see if it happens in dolphin, and if it does then we have bigger fish to fry. also, what is the frequency at which this happens?

OP
thehulk20

thehulk20

Reaction score
ok. i got dolphin and it seems to work fine. the only thing i need to do now....because i am about a tech savy as a small puppy....is find out how to use everything with dolphin. is there some type of tutorial available?

also, for those who have dolphin, are you using it as opposed to the browser that is already installed with the droid?

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have issues with being totally kicked out when browsing?
It is happening a lot with my droid. I will try to view a pic or go to another window and.....bam...it kicks me out. It brings me back to my home screen.
When I go back to the browser and look for my last page before being kicked off it doesn't show any information from the last page I viewed.
is it the droid or the browser?
If it helps, my droid is "up to date"
it used to happen to me often, before the 2.0.1 rollout. i suspect that it happens because of Android's builtin memory management. if the browser starts to hog resources, i could see the OS wanting to kill it, although i never understood why it would do so while it was open.

now instead of kicking me out, i'll open an old browser session and it will restart with a clean one, or if i haven't used the browser in a day or two, it might just open a new one anyway.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok. i got dolphin and it seems to work fine. the only thing i need to do now....because i am about a tech savy as a small puppy....is find out how to use everything with dolphin. is there some type of tutorial available?

also, for those who have dolphin, are you using it as opposed to the browser that is already installed with the droid?

xScope is a GREAT browser as well. As to 'opposing' the default browser it's not that as the alternatives just offer more/different features (like tabs instead of windows and multi-touch zooming).

miekeboo

Reaction score
Hello,I was doing a search to find out the exact problem you are mentioning.There is one difference and that is when it kicks me out it put me back to the search screen rather than the home page.It is happening alot and it is rather annoying.Also I did not realize that this was a carrier specific site as I am with public mobile.I have an Android Max