Keyring app questions

stanwelks

Reaction score
Have you found that it works when you use it instead of cards? What is the success rate of it working?

Thanks.

jlnguyen

Reaction score
I've tried scanning it at 3 or 4 different places so far and none of those places were able to scan it. I think my screen was too bright and was causing glares, but I never tried using it at a lower brightness, I just uninstalled it lol.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

fallsgable

Reaction score
I have had it installed for a while, I have 8 barcodes and I have NEVER gotten 1 to actually work....I followed their tutorial and "tips"!
uninstalled...

virtualhuman

Reaction score
They never scan for me. At Shaw's, punching in the number also does not work.

At least most places, having the cashier punch the number in is a backup plan if you forget your card.

edthesped

Reaction score
I got it to work at CVS on 17th street in Fort Lauderdale but that's it. I still keep it installed because I don't want to carry 50 Key Fobs. I now just pull up the card I need and hand the phone to the cashier and they punch in the numbers off of the screen.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I only have 2 cards on it right now, Best Buy and Stop and Shop. I've noticed that i need to turn the brightness all the way up and then they scan no prob. I think it probably depends on the scanner the store is using. Handheld seem to work the best IMO.

Smolder

Reaction score
I use mine all the time. I've never had it not work. Turn brightness down and wipe screen before scanning. Use at sam's club and public library all the time.

REMilk

Reaction score
I have KeyRing and use it to store all my cards so I do not have to lug all of them around.

I have found that KeyRing works for me with "Hand Scanners" at the following:

* Hallmark Cards
* CVS
* Sam's Club
* Henrico (VA) Public Library
* Martin's Supermarkets (cousin to Giant Foods)
* Dick's Sporting Goods
* Food Lion

KeyRing also worked on the flatbed checkout scanner at Henrico (VA) public library.

It would have worked at Ukrop's markets except that it constantly converted the right-most digit data to the incorrect number. It did this on 10 different cards; including a brand new card at Ukrop's. BTW Ukrop's is now Martin's and KeyRing works well for their cards.

If the card number does not work when keyed, then the scan of the card did not scan/read the original properly or the firm may be using a non-standard (proprietary) UPC coding scheme resulting in a capturing the wrong code, see my Ukrop's discussion above.

Good Luck,
Bob

REMilk

Reaction score
Possible Invalid Code Conversion

They never scan for me. At Shaw's, punching in the number also does not work.

I found that my supermarket card did not scan properly and the right-most digit on the card was converted to another digit.

I recommend that you check the number on the Shaw's card against what is shown on KeyRing and ensure the information is correct.

Bob

Vitticeps

Reaction score
It seems to depend more on the type of scanner. The built in scanners at most grocery stores don't seem to be able to pick it up with any reliability. Most handheld scanners I've encountered work just fine. Scanners with a straight line laser pattern seem to work MUCH better than ones with a zigzag or blur pattern.