Keyboard closes after a few letters typed

Aiwa

Reaction score
Hello. I have just recently changed to gingerbread liberty and it was working awesome until yesterday when I was texting and my keyboard started to close after every 3/4 letters. Now its doing it every time, even now. Did this ever happen to anyone? What should I do? Please help!! It took me at least 10 minutes to write this much bc I have to be opening back up the keyboard. Plz any suggestions?!?!

DROID X Aiwa

gamenerd96

Reaction score
mine toooooo!!!

hello i have a droid x and it dose the same thing makeing it very hard to txt!dancedroid

gamenerd96

Reaction score
i fixed it

i figured out how to fix it by reading the other forums go to settings,applications,manage applications,multi-touch keyboard and clean data :)

brandon9559

Reaction score
Its a software bug. There is a software update coming soon for the droid x. For now go into settings>language and keyboard and turn off word prediction. That will fix it until the update gets to you.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

gamenerd96

Reaction score
our u can do what i just did

or u do what i did it fixes the problem
Its a software bug. There is a software update coming soon for the droid x. For now go into settings>language and keyboard and turn off word prediction. That will fix it until the update gets to you.

OP
A

Aiwa

Reaction score
Cool guys thank you that did solve the problem. I speak Portuguese with my family so I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that I added more than 1500 words so I can teach my phone to speak Portuguese aswell lol
Also how will I know when this new update come out? Does it update automatically or should I check a certain part of the forum here expecting the update?

Either way thank both of you for the easy solution! I was already getting ready to SBF my phone lol

DROID X Aiwa

brandon9559

Reaction score
Your phone should notify you of the update. But you can check it manually by going to settings>about phone>system updates. Expect it sometime in the next week or two.