keyboard case

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by darkmatter, Feb 22, 2011.

1. darkmatter

darkmatter Member

Ratings:
    +2
    So, looking at this rumored iphone5 (ya i know, but stick with me here)

[​IMG]

This would be a perfect solution for physical keyboard or no. Say, you get a case with a bluetooth keyboard, effectively making your, say, Bionic, into a larger Droid. With as thin as some of the larger phones are, like Bionic or Thunderbolt or Droid X, I could totally live with a case that adds a sliding bluetooth keyboard. I like having cake and eating it too.

Something like this is where I can give apple credit. when a company does something like this for the iphone, you know its going to fit. But with android, it has to be phone specific.

2. TheOldFart

TheOldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Interesting concept, but I see a big problem with it. With the Droid, the top part (screen) is the thinnest and lightest part. With the above, the entire phone is the top part and the bottom (keyboard) is thin and light. The balance would be terrible, with all the weight being overhung above the keyboard that you are holding.

3. BodyBagz

BodyBagz Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Not to worry, Steve Jobs will have the entire Apple community explaining how the heavier phone is actually better suited above the lighter keyboard...:rofl3:

I mean really, this is the same company that told 4 million people they were holding their phones wrong instead of admitting there was an actual issue with the phone....:)

4. darkmatter

darkmatter Member

Ratings:
    +2
    ok,i can see what you're saying about balance. but I think its something I could deal with. I drool at the thought of a bionic with a physical keyboard, even if its aftermarket in a case form. (think otterbox with a bluetooth slider keyboard)

5. weber3040

weber3040 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone seen a bluetooth keyboard case for the s4 and has anyone tried one? I'm anxious to see the quality of them and reliability with a bluetooth connection. Thanks!

Search tags for this page
bluetooth sliding keyboard for htc incredible
driod bluetooth slide keyboard

droid bionic keyboard case

droid bionic slider keyboard case
droid incredible keyboard case
droid razr bluetooth keyboard case

droid x keyboard case

htc dna keyboard case

keyboard case

slider keyboard case htc thunderbolt