Kernel recommendation

djj624

Reaction score
I'm running LTS rom with the new ruu and having gps lock problems. Want to try a new kernel to see if that clears it up. Want some recommendations on a good kernel for performance and battery life. Currently running Imo 1.92x.

Sent from my Bolt!

OP
djj624

djj624

Reaction score
Nobody has a recommendation? Wow!

Sent from my Bolt!

wooddale

Reaction score

Sent from my Bolt!
No recomendations but my gps never did get good after leak if you leave gps on it helps but eats battery Im on bamf thinking of wiping everything and reloading if that dont work I may try Imoseyns lean kernel extreme or pro tek bat sipper I duno

jmorrison230

Reaction score

Sent from my Bolt!

I don't have a bolt but I know liquid makes a rom with a kernal called thundersense. If its like the gb for Droid 1 then it should be pretty damn good. I think you can clock it to 1.4 not sure. Like I said don't own a bolt

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

wooddale

Reaction score
The kernel in bamf6.3 I think does the same thing clocks to 1.4 dont really need more than that. I just need more battery life.

OP
djj624

djj624

Reaction score
After I did the leaked ruu update I was on bamf 1.6 remix and gps worked great. That's why I think it might be a kernel issue.

Sent from my Bolt!

wooddale

Reaction score
The GPS issue is not just in this rom correct? I believe its in other roms and even in stock.

burgeke

Reaction score
I had problems with LTS and noticed liquid has changed gps.conf to us vs. northamerica

You will need to search the forums for instructions.... I just copied gps.conf from das bamf and my LTS gps was fixed. That was my only change.

Good luck.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk