[Kernel][Loki][8-9-13]Broken Out Modded Stock Kernel

OP
M

mtmichaelson

Reaction score
A completely de-bloated stripped down rom is always the first step, take out all the Verizon and LG addons. Thank you.

I have got that most of the way done, but lack of internet and time has put a pause on it for me. Internet will be installed next Tuesday at the house and will be going from there. I am also a perfectionist and won't release until I'm happy.

JimiMack

Reaction score
Take your time... we gone this long what is a little longer. Again thanks for your work and look forward to seeing what you put forth.

Airman1947

Reaction score
Hello all! Here it is Broken Out Modded Kernel for the LG Spectrum 2!!! A big huge thank you needs to be given to djrbliss for finding and creating a workaround for the locked bootloader!!! Now we finally have control of OUR devices!!!!!

This is great to hear! I wish I had seen this thread sooner. Thanks for this. Before I try to install this Kernel, I was wondering, will it still work given that I've downloaded the Verizon OTA update that came out this month? (October 2013), and also in the event that something goes wrong, is there a way to get into recovery mode to restore the backup that I've made?

It looks like the only way to get into the Vu2 JB 2nd-init Recovery is to boot up the phone, and tap "Reboot Recovery." I was just thinking that this would be a problem if the phone doesn't boot :p Just wondering. Thanks in advance!

mordant80

Reaction score
Try and let us know. You'll be able to restore, only need download mode and the lg support tool.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

Airman1947

Reaction score
Try and let us know. You'll be able to restore, only need download mode and the lg support tool.

Thanks for the reply. Can I ask what you mean by download mode, and what the LG Support Tool is? Sorry I'm kind of a noob, especially with this phone :p

mordant80

Reaction score
Did you try loading the loki kernel over the latest update yet? Id like to run it, just don't have the time to restore if it fails at the moment.

dalg91

Reaction score
So I just tried to boot my phone in to recovery and instead it restarted my phone stock. I'm up to date on the oat so I shall try the kernel cause I've got nothing to lose haha.

mordant80

Reaction score
Make sure you use the 2nd init recovery i have posted in my recovery thread. Its just an app and you reboot to recovery through that. I heard if you actually try to reboot to recovery from anything else, like say the CWM app, it will do what you described

dalg91

Reaction score
Odd. I've used the cam way a few times and nothing. Well I'll just use that other way and give feed back

mordant80

Reaction score
Too bad. I noticed the update updated the baseband. On my last phone if you didnt run certain kernels with certain basebands things would get screwy. We need to get the current kernel patched.

Airman1947

Reaction score
Doesn't seem to work

Thanks for trying. I was about to try it, until I saw your post. So, what exactly happens? Does it brick the phone? Or does the phone still boot, but it just doesn't show the Security Boot Error? Just wondering. Anyway, hope we can get a patch. Thanks again.