[Kernel][Loki][8-9-13]Broken Out Modded Stock Kernel

mtmichaelson

Reaction score
Hello all! Here it is Broken Out Modded Kernel for the LG Spectrum 2!!! A big huge thank you needs to be given to djrbliss for finding and creating a workaround for the locked bootloader!!! Now we finally have control of OUR devices!!!!!

What is this?
This is the stock kernel that has been modified using Loki (created by djrbliss) to bypass the boot loader. It has also been modified to not throw the security error when removing the videos.apk.

Changelog
v 1.0
Lokified
Enabled full root
Removed and modified files that send security error

How do I install this?
1.) Download the .zip
2.) Place zip on sdcard
3.) Reboot into 2nd Init Recovery
4.) Back up
5.) Go to install zip from sdcard
6.) Select BrokenOutModdedKernel.zip
7.) Reboot!

Technical Info
This replaces your boot.img which includes the kernel. It has been modified to bypass the locked boot loader. Djrbliss created Loki to do this. I have patched the stock boot.img using Loki and have modified the files that send the security error. This does void your warranty. I did not make you install it. I did not brick your phone. I am not responsible for any mistakes that you have made.

Special Thanks!!!
djrbliss for finding a way around the bootloader

Donations
For those that enjoy the work that I have done and would like to support my efforts financially through the donate to me button, any amount is appreciated, but all that I ask is that if you like my work, please hit the thanks button!!!

mordant80

Reaction score
Thanks a **** ton. Before I start doing anything, this is the Jelly Bean kernel correct?

Edit: Looks like it works. Thanks! This should open the door for a lot great things for this phone. I've never seen this hack before, has it been around a while for other devices? How does Loki work? I may try to get a deodexed stock rom made "if" i get the spare time and someone doesnt beat me to it. I hope we get to see some custom roms pop up now.

OP
M

mtmichaelson

Reaction score
Loki was created by djrbliss to actually bypass the bootloader on the Samsung Galaxy S4. It was found that LG is very similar and was ported over to several LG devices. I contacted djrbliss to see if he would include the Spectrum 2. By that night he had it included! I compiled the tool and made adjustments to the stock kernel to not throw the security errors anymore. After that I ran the boot.img through the tool and here we are now! I also have been working on a rom for myself but will release it when it is to a good point. I am very particular but only have an hour or so each night so has been tough to get in a groove lol.

Thomas23Male

Reaction score
Thank you SOOOOOO much I can't wait for custom ROMS Hopefully CyanogenMod!!!

artinattleboro

Reaction score
Thanks for the work had a problem not sure why.
Downloaded, Installed successfully reboot get secure booting error then boots with old image.

Thanks again

OP
M

mtmichaelson

Reaction score
Thanks for the work had a problem not sure why.
Downloaded, Installed successfully reboot get secure booting error then boots with old image.

Thanks again

That is what it does. It is stock, just with the security removed. If the booting error screen popped up than you were successful!!!

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2

budlight4me

Reaction score
:hail: Thank you mordant80 for recovery link and thank you mtmichaelson for allowing me to bypass security. I went through probably 8 security lock ups before realizing it was that dam video apk causing that ****. Live n learn ....again thanks guys

OP
M

mtmichaelson

Reaction score
thanks you, i''ll try it because i can use your baseband so i think kernel can use for LTE 2 :)
we have a new recovery do you want to try??

I will try it! Send it in a pm and I will give it a go!!!

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 4