Keeps "butt dialing"

CathieBeck

Reaction score
When I have the bluetooth on and I put my Droid & bluetooth into my purpose -- the thing "butt dials" the last person called -- 6 or 8 times.

I've looked at EVERY setting & can't figure out how to stop this!

It's so annoying!

I've tried to "replicate" it -- make it redial on purpose by "pressing" the bluetooth -- like it might be pressed in my purse -- and make it redialing, but it doesn't.

Please! Help! What's up with this.

Cathie

drowe

Reaction score
Do you turn it off before you put it in your purse? If not, anything hitting the screen could hit the phone icon and start dialing. Or the headset could be hit and initiate the auto dial. I always tap the power button before I put it in my case to stop apps from starting I don't want. My headset takes a double tap on the main button to re-dial the last number.

gmagic37

Reaction score
Had a similar problem downloaded a free app called "Call confirm". That seems to have solved my butt dialing problem.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If its the bluetooth device doing this, turn bluetooth off on the phone via the power control widget when you put both devices in away...unless the plan is to only take the headset out when the phone rings.

I use Not Call Log, a free app that keeps me from dialing folks after I hang up the phone.

ewells2420

Reaction score
I had this issue BAD with my storm. But I just dont see how it happens with a droid.