Keep texts from being delivered to my phone?

grimloktt

Reaction score
Hello. I don't have a text plan on my phone; I use google voice as primary texting service. Therefore, I'd like to find a program that blocks texts from being delivered to my phone so I don't have to pay for them.

Any apps out there that don't just block texts but keep them from being delivered so the customer doesn't get charged for them?

nakhleh926

Reaction score
Hello. I don't have a text plan on my phone; I use google voice as primary texting service. Therefore, I'd like to find a program that blocks texts from being delivered to my phone so I don't have to pay for them.

Any apps out there that don't just block texts but keep them from being delivered so the customer doesn't get charged for them?

I'm unaware of an application for it but I'm sure it exists, if no one on here is able to help you find one, have you tried asking Verizon? I thought they were able to disable them but I'm not sure, good luck.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

dhwes

Reaction score
The only way to stop text to avoid being charged is to completely block messaging on your phone. If you turn off notification you steal get charged. Block it by calling customer service

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Purluxry

Reaction score
There is an app called mr. Phone Number. But you would have to put that may text you. Oh wait that will block them from calling to. Shoot. Verizon won't shut your text off cuz they text you for various reasons

Slap me then swype me.

RVdroid

Reaction score
Verizon will block text messaging for you. I just had them do it for me because all my friends are text fiends and I got tired of paying for it. In all likelyhood Verizon can probably still text you regardless, if they want to.

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Verizon will block it for you. You will also want to have them block premium texting, as that's a separate block for some odd reason.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Gareee

Reaction score
If they block texting, will that affect any other notifications like fb or twitter, or will is just block texting?

Since google voice usues data, we could then just use google voice as free texting on our phones.

I've been wanting a solution like this for months now, because we do have stupid texting addicted freinds that still send texts every now and then.

nakhleh926

Reaction score
If they block texting, will that affect any other notifications like fb or twitter, or will is just block texting?

Since google voice usues data, we could then just use google voice as free texting on our phones.

I've been wanting a solution like this for months now, because we do have stupid texting addicted freinds that still send texts every now and then.

I personally don't think it would bother fb or twitter, maybe fb for the text alerts but nothing more.

EDIT: you could just add the new google number to facebook and still get texted.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Gareee

Reaction score
Thats a good idea! I'll try it out on my phone first, since if I muck up my wife's phone, I'll never hear the end of it. ;)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Therefore, I'd like to find a program that blocks texts from being delivered to my phone so I don't have to pay for them.

That's not possible. An app can't block a message until the message is received since the app runs on your device. Apps can't magically reach out into the ether to prevent text messages from arriving. You need to have your carrier block this if you're looking to avoid being billed.

Only if they use text messages for notifications (which they don't).

Last edited:

dhwes

Reaction score
Most application notification come via data. You will still receive VZW notifications since they are free. And will receive app notification as well

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App