Just used Google Wallet

droid_mike

Reaction score
OK, so when you are at the checkout, how does one know that the credit card machine will accept google wallet? Is there some sort of logo on the machine or something?

hollowbox

Reaction score
If you have the two sents and the transaction did not go through it is one of two things from my own experience.

1. The paypass terminal at the bp is jacked up and does not work correctly. This is not as likely as number two will be because if the paypass terminal is not working it usually will just keep saying sending on your screen but never actually say sent......or it will say sent and then give you a notification that their is an error. I have a Scheetz close to me that does not work very well and I have sent a complaint to paypass through the pay pass locator app.

2. This is more likely. In some places, like Mcdonalds for instance, you dont have to do anything besides place your phone up against the terminal and.....bam.....your done. In other places you have to tell the cashier to chose the credit option at their register....or you have to chose it yourself at the terminal. I have run into this scenario twice where the cashier thought because I was using the "debit" terminal that it was a debit transaction and chose debit on their screen. GW is a credit transaction. If you chose debit it will say sent but will never go through and you will see sent in your transactions but again it will not go through. You have to realize that most of the cashiers have never actually seen someone use pay pass and the terminals that have the pay pass option are the same ones alot of places use for debit cards.

It is weird how pay pass works a little different everywhere you go. Most places are just like mcdonalds. Some are like I explained in number two. Others are just like swiping your credit card and you have to chose yes for the correct amount and sign....jsut like a credit card.

I installed the apk a few minutes after it was posted on XDA and ran out the door that night to try it. I spent most of the last couple of days running around my area using it as my main payment form and it has worked exactly as it is designed to.......it is an awesome application and I love it. As more places adopt this form of payment I will probably go to using it exclusively. For now I still gotta take my wallett with me in the car because not every place takes it.........but quite a lot of places do and for the most part I can leave my wallet locked in the glove box and only carry my phone.

hollowbox

Reaction score
OK, so when you are at the checkout, how does one know that the credit card machine will accept google wallet? Is there some sort of logo on the machine or something?
Yes you will see the pay pass logo.....or if they have a logo that looks like the wifi icon at the register.

bgrubb7

Reaction score
2. This is more likely. In some places, like Mcdonalds for instance, you dont have to do anything besides place your phone up against the terminal and.....bam.....your done. In other places you have to tell the cashier to chose the credit option at their register....or you have to chose it yourself at the terminal. I have run into this scenario twice where the cashier thought because I was using the "debit" terminal that it was a debit transaction and chose debit on their screen. GW is a credit transaction. If you chose debit it will say sent but will never go through and you will see sent in your transactions but again it will not go through. You have to realize that most of the cashiers have never actually seen someone use pay pass and the terminals that have the pay pass option are the same ones alot of places use for debit cards.

I think you just explained it... When I tapped the terminal, it beeped, then said sent. The card swiper which was right underneath the PayPass pad did nothing. I think she was probably supposed to press a credit key. When I used my debit card, it automatically recognized it as Debit and then I was prompted to enter my PIN, etc...

I'll try McD's and see what happens.

hollowbox

Reaction score
I think you just explained it... When I tapped the terminal, it beeped, then said sent. The card swiper which was right underneath the PayPass pad did nothing. I think she was probably supposed to press a credit key. When I used my debit card, it automatically recognized it as Debit and then I was prompted to enter my PIN, etc...

I'll try McD's and see what happens.

At Mcdonalds you just tap it and the damn reciept is printing almost instantly. At most places that is how it works actually. Anyway it is a learning experience. It works wonderfully everywhere that has a working pay pass terminal....I just have gotten to telling the cashier Im using credit every time in case they have something they need to do.

ryguy5254

Reaction score

http://www.merchantservicestotal.com/Vivopay_4000.jpg

The paypass icon is the one on top of the credit card logos.

Also there is an App on the Market that is fairly accurate called Mastercard PayPass Locator, that gives you a map around your area, or an area that you searched for, and it will show all the establishments that support PayPass. Its very handy!

captdroid

Reaction score

captdroid

Reaction score
Used Google Wallet twice today. Once at a 7-11 for a snapple ice tea and another time at a CVS for a Christmas card :biggrin:. Worked perfectly each time. Didn't have to say anything to the cashiers. Ran Google Wallet, put the phone back close to the 'mastercard paypass' scan area and entered my pin, Phone said sending then sent and that was it. Drew big smiles each time. Indian guy at the 7-11 said "you pay with your phone" in a quizzical voice. I said yes works good huh? he says yes with big smile. Girl at the CVS says "wow that is cool" upon payment processing phone up to the scanner. Said she heard of it but first time she ever saw it work. I told her same thing "works pretty good huh?" she replies "yes, I want that" ear to ear smile. :D

bluefire7002

Reaction score
Hah just tried it myself right now at 7/11... worked perfect. Other than it being super cool I can see this having great potential. If more places start using that paypass, you could start leaving your cards/wallet at home if you have to go to the beach or something along those lines.

Gnatman1102

Reaction score
Since the download of the Google Wallet app is not through Market, should anyone be concerned that the $10 gift could be used to lure users to supply their credit card information to thieves? Or could the use of the phone to make purchases by sending the user's info to a third party? Until someone can prove to me this one is legit, I'm not convinced this one is safe.

Someone, please convince me!

captdroid

Reaction score
Since the download of the Google Wallet app is not through Market, should anyone be concerned that the $10 gift could be used to lure users to supply their credit card information to thieves? Or could the use of the phone to make purchases by sending the user's info to a third party? Until someone can prove to me this one is legit, I'm not convinced this one is safe.

Someone, please convince me!

Why should anyone convince you? Either use what is available or don't... lol :)

oddllama

Reaction score
Just used mine to buy some nuggets like a boss. Peoples jaws dropped, made me feel like a star. Lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums