Just received update..

Erikbal

Reaction score
My phone just downloaded an update but I'm not sure what has changed. I thought maybe it was the knock code update but it doesn't look like it. Still says 4.4.2 as well. I am on Verizon by the way. Anyone have any idea what the update contains ?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

devdeuce

Reaction score
There have been two small updates lately. For the most part they were both for the volte, or hd calling. You can see the complete change log on Verizon i believe.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Recently, Verizon has been upgrading the G2 baseband. KitKat is 24A, but has since been through 25A, 25B, and some people have even received 26A. I'm still currently on 24A waiting on someone to release only the baseband, as opposed to the full firmware package Verizon has been sending.

EDIT: After further research, Verizon has begun shipping out 26A, as shown with the changelog.

Verizon LG G2 Changelog

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I found this in case anyone is interested..are we going to eventually get 4.4.4 ? Or are these phones too outdated already? Hardware wise I still think they're plenty fast. I've been very happy with my g2. http://www.android.gs/new-lg-g2-and...t-at-verizon-prepares-phone-for-volte-launch/

I would assume with the higher specifications and popularity, the G2 will go from 4.4.2 to L.

On a side note, there are tons of 4.4.4 ROM's available for the G2. I'm using SlimKat now.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

OP
E

Erikbal

Reaction score
I've noticed a little annoying issue since the update. I use Swype and before after swyping the last word i could hit space and then where the suggestions are i could hit a period or a question mark and it would put it on the end of the sentence like this one. Now when i do it there's a space like this ? Also it is not auto capitalizing i anymore either. That's very annoying.

OP
E

Erikbal

Reaction score
Anyone else having the same issue After the update?

Bamiegirl

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G2
Anyone else having the same issue After the update?

Yes!!! I have the same problem & have yet to find a way to solve it! You can drag the i to the space bar & it will capitalize out but out also double spaces it like this I and I hate that!

OP
E

Erikbal

Reaction score
Yes it is very annoying and I hope there's a fix for it soon!